<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FX 500

June 13 2012 at 7:58 PM
Dellinger, Scott  (Login ScottDell)
YF

I took my adjustable power FX 500 out today to see how many shots I could get off the lower velocities. Much to my disappointment I got the same number as the full velocity setting. Around ninety shots on #2 670fps before I see a drop in trajectory.On setting #2 starting at 200 bar I can get 55 shots ending at 170 bar and another 55 shots down to 140 bar. The last two or three shot were low out of the group at 40yds. I could possibly get a few more if I had filled to 240 bar. I also shot two mags on #1 at 490fps but the pressure gauge was dropping the same. So, I guess the air is volume is the same for all three settings but the opening is smaller for the lower settings and less air pushes the pellet. I've never seen a diagram of the gun so I can't say for sure how the settings work. Accuracy is excellent on all three settings. I am still happy with the gun, just a little disappointed. I guess 90 shots is pretty good. I would like to hear from anyone else who has any time to shoot one. Have fun, Scott

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
unrepentantsinner
(Login unrepentantsinner)
YF

Apples and oranges but....

June 13 2012, 10:29 PM 

I have a Royale 500 carbine with a 400 tank on it and a one postion Elite regulator.

Filling to 34000 PSI, I get a little over 50 shots before I see a drop at 10 yards at 885 FPS average.

Respond to this message   
Dellinger, Scott
(Login ScottDell)
YF

Re: FX 500

June 14 2012, 12:15 AM 

Anymore apples out there?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.