<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Pellet recommendations on Crosman Benjamin Trail NP .22

July 12 2012 at 1:12 PM

Daniel Koster  (Login pendentive)
YF

Anybody have a Crosman Benjamin Trail NP in .22 and know what pellets work best in it?

My brother bought one from Walmart.com

Getting ready to put in an order for some pellets for me and wanted to know which to get for his Trail NP.

Thanks!

Dan

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Barry
(Login shooter14)
YF

a couple of friends have them, and

July 12 2012, 1:32 PM 

CPHP'S and H&N FTT are the best

Respond to this message   

john
(Login C02sniper)
YF

try croman copper heads in .22

July 12 2012, 1:48 PM 

I have the Titan which is the same barrel from what I seen on the trail and they normally have a tight breech. The Benji PCP labeled 500 ct hollows fit too tight while the copperheads in the 175 ct tin fit nice and snug and are dead nuts accurate..basically a sharper tipped not fully pointed crosman 14 gr CP. Also found RWS field line domes in the 250 ct tin work on my nitro piston crosman gun. Yours pushes out pellets a tad more powerful than the Titan but the two domes should work for you for groups. Tell him to get the GTX II trigger mod from AOA for his new nitro...it is way better than stock.

Respond to this message   

Daniel Koster
(Login pendentive)
YF

tell me more about the trigger mod

July 12 2012, 3:13 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

john
(Login C02sniper)
YF

known by nitro pistons guros as THE upgrade for these...

July 12 2012, 4:15 PM 

guns with 6 to 9 pound lawyer bait triggers.

Steve of NC here on the forum is the brain-mind-child of this upgrade. Easy 15 minute install for best results use shims on either side and polish the factory sears that are retained in the trigger box. I just did mine without all the extra steps and the results after adjustments is way better and more predictable than the stock triggers overall feel and feel of engagement..see link

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/GTX.htm

Respond to this message   

Dennis D
(Login Demp223)

Re: Pellet recommendations on Crosman Benjamin Trail NP .22

July 12 2012, 2:02 PM 

JSB 18s are most accurate in my all weather version. Kodiaks are pretty dam good also. CPHP are to inconsistent on fit in barrel and to many flyers. Grab a couple tins and see which ones work best. It'll take 500-1000 before it settles in nicely.

Respond to this message   
Ron Mc
(Login tangleeye)
YF

Mine likes Crosman Premier hollow points and ...

July 12 2012, 2:45 PM 

JSB jumbos. The Crosman HPs work best for me though.

--------------
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

Respond to this message   
donwalk
(Login donwalk)
YC

Re: Pellet recommendations on Crosman Benjamin Trail NP .22

July 12 2012, 7:49 PM 

mine likes JSB heavy and crosman premier HP

never squat down while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.