<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

MAR 177 power mods or tunes

September 12 2012 at 4:23 PM
Greg  (Login gwat)
YF

I have been reading about the MAR 177 uppers and CMP National air rifle matches. I used to spend a lot of time shooting and reloading .223 until they shut done the local range and I sold off my PB stuff .. Natural progression to a MAR 177, bit I have a few accurate 10m that meet the 600fps requirements. Any way to push this MAR to 800fps plus. Don't really care about dropping shot count, as air is cheap. Probably will not shoot competition, but I do like to shoot out to 50 yds and I have a thing for tactical guns. Anybody think about this yet or tried it?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

im sure an additional

September 12 2012, 4:50 PM 

50 percent valve volume or lighter valve spring or both would do it..its likely in a detuned state as it stands.. a longer barrel also an option.heavier hammer spring may help, and lastly a m 417 with a 1701 pcp tube would have that feel, but crappy trigger and no lw barrel ( cheaper though and bobby has posted his here before with disco tube)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1324530716/Um+is+that+what+I+think+it+is-
[linked image]
"i never was much for book learnin"

This message has been edited by robnewyork on Sep 12, 2012 4:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Greg
(Login gwat)
YF

MAR 177

September 12 2012, 5:14 PM 

Its not just the look. The reviews I have read say this thing weighs, feels and handles so much like the PB that it can be used for practice by those that shoot CMP matches, especially when you transfer the lower to your match grade upper. So, this has got to be real close to shooting the real thing in your backyard at a fraction of the cost for the ammo.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

if you have the lower its almost

September 12 2012, 5:16 PM 

a given this would be a cool setup...any tuner could make it 800 fps im sure..im sure you could too.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

dan house
(Login dan_house)
YC

An AR lower receiver is a cklasisifed as a fire arm

September 13 2012, 3:01 PM 

if the local LEO's show up about a complaint of a guy with a gun, and its obvious youve been shooting it "in public" you could easily be chargesd with discahrging a fire arm. Or violate local/state hunting laws because of the lower being a fire arm. And shrouding or shortening the barrel would make you in violation of the NFA act as soon as you mounted it to the lower.

SO be careful!

I think we'd need to see one tore down before we could offer advice on mods.

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
[linked image]
the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

its as risky as owning guns in nyc ! nt

September 13 2012, 11:19 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.