<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

....1.....2......30cal FX Boss in the House!!!

November 2 2012 at 9:54 PM
  (Login rossall)
YF

Well.....Rule #1.....Don't Live in Arizona.....Rule #2.....NEVER....NEVER.....NEVER be at A.O.A when a New FX Shipment Arrives.....
Enjoy......It is everything your expecting and More!!!
Sorry..wish I had time for a detailed write up...I gotta get back to the range!!!!

The Stock is a deep rich color....
[linked image] [linked image]

The New Trigger is .....well....ONE of THE BEST I have used....New Style Pellet Probe...

The Pellets....the say 46gr on the tin....But Ranged beteween 43ish...to 45.9ish

What can I say...9 Shot Mag!!!!
[linked image]

Shot String.....well pellets are in Limited supply and I need to concentrate on the Extreme B.R. Match next week ... so not much time or Pellets to waste on Tuning..
Just Gotta shoot it the Way Fredrick set it up....I am Sure it will be just amazing.....BUT..Shot count is A SOLID 36 to 45...4 to 5 Full Magazines with a 230ish fill. I am still a little concerned about running it at the higher fill pressure but the Guys at A.O.A say I can fill it higher..

Only had time to do some limited shooting this afternoon....Winds were Gusting and Swirling in a
odd manner..pellets shot were weight sorted.. I did not have time to second guess a Brand New Gun/Caliber/Scope Combo... so reduced the variables as much as possible...(Group shot out of the Magazine)
These were the lightest Pellets running 73ish F.P.E !!!!!

Hear is the Problem.....This gun is one of the Most Fun Guns I have to shoot !!!!!
ACCURACY.....POWER....AND....GREAT SHOT COUNT!!!!!

Mark

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
scott aka redboat
(Login redboat)
YF12

Wow very nice. Keep us posted! (nt)

November 2 2012, 10:20 PM 

Respond to this message   
Walt
(Login Cupillac)
YF

Unreal!

November 2 2012, 10:32 PM 

FX is freaking unbelievable! Can't wait to try the new trigger and send those .30 cal down range! Whooooooo

Can you single load pellets?

Respond to this message   

(Login lee1972b)
YC

Re: ....1.....2......30cal FX Boss in the House!!!

November 2 2012, 10:33 PM 

Nice! How loud is it and how long is the gun?

Lee Brown, Chesapeake, VA

Respond to this message   

Eric
(Login TrapdoorSpydr)
YF

plus 1

November 2 2012, 10:39 PM 

Winds light and variable!

Respond to this message   

(Login Flintsack)
YC

Very nice, what is the measured diameter of that pellet?

November 2 2012, 10:53 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login BMCMAY)
YF12

Beautiful ! I am excited I should get mine next week

November 2 2012, 10:59 PM 

keep the info comingá ..

thank you

Respond to this message   

(Login RogerV55)
YF

7.62 mm from FX sounds nasty

November 2 2012, 11:13 PM 

Please keep us posted, I'd like to know length, weight, sound level, recoil if any and most of all accuracy?

Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies...

RogerV

Respond to this message   

(Login 1LuckyDude)
YF

Well, I'm not very impressed...

November 2 2012, 11:35 PM 

...with myself for coveting another man's gun. lol

Da' Boss is in the house!

Can't wait for further reports. Congrats!

TH

Respond to this message   
jerry
(Login dollarhunt)
YC

Re: ....1.....2......30cal FX Boss in the House!!!

November 3 2012, 1:50 AM 

i am confused. you stated that you get 35-45 shots but the tape shows you are off the bell curve after 15 shots. i realize the fill pressure written in the tape shows a start of 200 bar( not 230) but what is the curve like from 230 down to say 170( presumably where the 40 shots come from), and more importantly, what is the accuracy like over the 40 shots from 230 down to 170bar?

Respond to this message   

(Login manny6666)
YF12

This Gun looks more interesting than the Wolverine

November 3 2012, 5:11 AM 

...still can't stand the looks of them Darn bottle guns happy.gifhappy.gif

==============================
"Almost None Knows the Keen sense of Satisfaction Which Comes from Taking Game with their Own Homade Weapons"

-Jay Massey-

Respond to this message   

Yrrah
(Login Yrrah)
YFOT

If my regulated .25 Elite is any guide ...

November 3 2012, 7:05 AM 

I presume the .30 is also regulated.

My FX Elite has an efficiency around 13.5 bar-cc/fpe. 90 shots at 45 fpe from 250 to 140 bar.

If this rifle got the 15 shots from 200 to 170 bar then the efficiency was 13.7 bar-cc/ fpe.

If it achieves similar efficiency from 230 to 160 bar, then you would get 35 shots at average 73 fpe from 230 bar to 160 bar from 500 cc.

Then if the rifle can be filled to 250 bar, like my Elite, and if it has been seamlessly adjusted to move from regulated to self-regulated, as is Fredrik's habit, there will be a solid handful of shots after it comes off the regulator and a 250 to 160 bar usage would give 45 shots at 73 fpe for the same 13.7 bar-cc/fpe. .... Time will tell. Kind regards, Harry.

Respond to this message   

(Login q1q)

Good grief. I am moving to AZ LOL, another gotta have... Nt

November 3 2012, 7:02 AM 

Nt

Steve
Yellow Forums Owner
http://www.yellowforum.com

To be a poster on yellow forums click below and read

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1299934519/

Respond to this message   

(Login rossall)
YF

Some Answers.....On The "BOSS"

November 3 2012, 8:58 AM 

Hey Guys.....I am by far NOT A Great Writer...so any small details...you will have to wait for one of the Internet Pro's...to do a review...I am just trying to share some basic info. I think I may be one of the few other than the guys at A.O.A that have had the privilege to have Shot Both the Daystate "Wolverine" and Now Own one of the First FX .30cal Boss....I am a lucky Airgunner!

With about One Tin (150 count) of pellets down the BBL....approx 1/2 chrono work... and 1/2 sight in and
putting the Never seen before Pellet/Gun combo to work....

This is what I have seen to date (O'Ya...picked up the gun 4 Hours after A.O.A got the delivery...last Thursday....3 days ago...LOL!!!!)

Size....Basically a Royale 500....

Sound....Yes.....Back Yard Friendly...(Not just my opinion.....Amazing as that sounds....No Pun intended)

Weight.....Royal 500..

Recoil...Yup.. This "ain't" your Grandpa's B.B gun.....You know your sending "70+ FPE of Hurt Down Range........."

Accuracy...50 yards and under with unsorted pellets (based on ability...well under 1/2 inch...out past 60,70,80,90,100.....looking good so far (see above 70yrd 9 shot group).... Still need to calculate B.C. ....I did a 18yrd Zero at the House and That put me very close to a 50yrd zero also.

[linked image]

Shot String......(Ran out of Air....Only Just made it to 230 bar...Only Just)
It's very late..missed the sensors twice...Shane at AOA started well over 230 bar...but you can ask him just how high..
So... High 875......low 862....Thats 13 FPS!!!!!!....(Off reg 140 bar and still the low was Only 841 fps.....that's very close to the 30 fps rule for potential accuracy and Repeatability) That works for Me !!!!!!!!

(Chronograph used is Oehler 35P)
All Pressures are with respect to the Air Gauge on the gun..
[linked image]

Quick random Measurement....low side I found .300, on the high side .308

[linked image]

The lowest weight I found was 43.6gr (Not Shown)... Highest 45.7gr

With only 1350 pellets to set up and Practice for the match next week not a lot of extra for picky
testing.....

[linked image]

Mark

Respond to this message   

Yrrah
(Login Yrrah)
YFOT

Off regulator at shot 23 (actual ) so you got another 12 or 13 self-regulated shots

November 3 2012, 5:15 PM 

with velocity climbing back up to 875 fps and down to 868 fps.

As I said above, Fredrik does an excellent job of seamlessly tuning from regulated to self-regulation.

Filled to 250 bar (check that that is OK as it is with my .25 Elite) the rifle will give 40+ shots in the 867 to 875 or there-abouts velocity range with those light pellets. It will probably do a tad more with the heaviest pellets.
That is way better compared to what else I see is on the market and I think the eyebrows will be raised.

I am pleased to see that JSB has made these pellets close to the shape of the 18.1 gr .22 Exacts and not like the pellets Daystate decided upon which are more like the 10.3 gr .177s.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Enjoy what I think may be the "Rifle of the Year 2012". ... One of these may be the last PCP I will buy if I can scrape up the where-with-all. ... Kind regards, Harry.

Respond to this message   
Tofazfou
(Login Tofazfou)
YF

Great initial post on the "BOSS". Glad it looks like the 400

November 3 2012, 9:24 AM 

and 500 series FX guns as i like them.

Looks like FX has another winner on its hands. Between the Boss and the Wolverine, looks like there are some good 30 cal pellet shootin candidates out there.

Respond to this message   

Eric
(Login TrapdoorSpydr)
YF

thank you very much Sir. nt

November 3 2012, 9:42 AM 

Winds light and variable!

Respond to this message   
anewguy
(Login anewguy)
YFOT

how much difference is there between the old and new trigger?

November 3 2012, 12:16 PM 

What other trigger does it resemble?

This message has been edited by anewguy on Nov 3, 2012 4:02 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login grumpyerr)
YF

Huge diff

November 3 2012, 10:33 PM 

Theres a huge difference between the old an new. Its so much better in my opinion.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - ....1.....2......30cal FX Boss in the House!!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.