<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hammerli 850 converted to HPA - how to mount a bipod stud?

November 4 2012 at 9:03 AM
  (Login wahoowad)
YF

Has anybody mounted a bipod stud in or on the the forearm of a Hammerli 850 that has been converted to HPA? I am trying to decide if I should epoxy a bipod stud on the outside or if there is room to mount the backing plate on the inside of the forearm?

Conceivably I could epoxy this...assuming JB Weld or PC7 would bond to the plastic stock:
[linked image]

Or this, which could go inside or outside.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doug T
(Login Doug-T)
YF

Here are two ways.

November 4 2012, 11:01 AM 

I've seen people use a hose clamp to clamp on a piece of rail or something similar to you second picture. Quick, easy and functional.

Here's what I did for my 850. I never mounted a bipod but could have. A bit of lathe work to cut out the barrel and tank holes, then a lot of Sawzall/grinder/file work to get the outer shape the way I wanted it. Hand blued it and it turned out pretty well.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login perfjk)
YF12

That's nice work Doug! n/t.

November 4 2012, 3:31 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Hammerli 850 converted to HPA - how to mount a bipod stud?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.