<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Please recommend THE best breech seal for B40 or TX200

January 11 2013 at 2:39 PM
  (Login Voltar1)
YFOT

Looking for the best solution to the breech seal woes on my B40. Willing to convert to TX200 style if that is the best or any other seal.
Wishing to eliminate the inaccuracy that imo is the result of a poor breech seal and inadequate support for the cylinder mechanics during the shot.Have a theory that any shudder makes its way into the barrel affecting the grouping of said rifle.
Thank you all in advance.
Walter....

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John in PA
(Login scopebite)
YC

Mike Mellick use to have the factory breech seals.

January 11 2013, 8:04 PM 

I shimmed them for a better seal with a steel shim. Worked great in my 22cal for years now. John

Respond to this message   

(Login Voltar1)
YFOT

Thank you John, I am planning on making something better

January 11 2013, 10:33 PM 

I see the breech seal as a weakness in the fixed barrel airguns.

Wishing to seperate the functions of compression tube stop/buffer and barrel/breech seal. Thinking that a more consistant and reliable lockup that maximizes the accuracy of the gun would result.

This B40 is driving me nuts! There must be a better gun hiding inside there somewhere somehow! happy.gif

Walter.....

BTW did your 430 have the seal Hector designed?

Respond to this message   
K
(Login Knobs)
YFOT

You might want to check for lead buildup

January 12 2013, 9:15 AM 

I had a TX that would shoot accurately and then start acting up. I found that it was building up lead on the sealing face of the barrel and the face of the seal.

10 shot extreme spreads would go from 15 fps to 40 fps.

You can get the lead off the seal with a Q-Tip in most cases. The buildup on the sealing face of the barrel can be stubborn.

I lightly polished the barrel face and the problem stopped. I now make it a regular habit to wipe the dirt off the seal face.

HTH

Knobs

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Please recommend THE best breech seal for B40 or TX200
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.