<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Nitrogen Need Help From Users

January 25 2013 at 7:43 PM
  (Login Lemensd)
YF

Got a 6000psi 445cf nitrogen tank delivered today, filled my 120cf @ 3000psi steel scuba tank from 2900psi to 3800psi.Then filled my tiny paintball tank from 3200psi to 4400psi and that was it!! kept opening the nitrogen tank valve slowly and it was equalized at 4400psi. Is this all I can expect? Or did I get an under filled nitrogen tank? I was expecting a lot more. So if any of you other nitro users can tell me of your experence I would be very grateful.
Donald

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mark
(Login moonjaw2002)
YFOT

Do you have a regulator on your nitrogen tank.

January 25 2013, 7:48 PM 

If you do you may need to adjust it to 4500 psi.Mark

Respond to this message   

(Login pneuguy)

The math does suggest you were short-changed. But did you really...

January 25 2013, 7:53 PM 

...overfill a 3000psi SCUBA tank to 3800psi, or am I misreading your post?

Steve

Respond to this message   

(Login rustytigwire)
YF12

ask the supplier where you may have your gauge checked

January 25 2013, 7:58 PM 

for accuracy maybe $40
or get a pair hooked up together for comparison
It is also good habit to use the middle half to two thirds of gauge range and try not to rely on the extreme ends of the scale at least in my work environment
The bottle may also be underfilled as you think but leave no stone unturned
Let us out here know what you come up with.
Ps Steve in NC has a valid question. Did you overfill? Try to do so in a place you do not get pink spray and body parts on others when your last moment arrives.

Respond to this message   

(Login Lemensd)
YF

No Reg. And No overfill on the Scuba

January 25 2013, 8:57 PM 

No Im not using a reg. Just common sense. And no on the overfill on the scuba tank its a steel tank rated at 3442psi with the valve it has and the can be plus 10% by any filler which brings it to 3786.2psi so 3800 is right there. There were three guages involved two of them precision liquid filled all within 100psi, the two liquid filled are 6000psi and the cheaper 5500psi,so at 4400psi. Im not at the usage end.
Donald

Respond to this message   

(Login rustytigwire)
YF12

Excellent, forgive my misunderstanding.

January 25 2013, 9:09 PM 

You must be correct about the underfill then.

Respond to this message   

(Login CalG)
YF

The question remains, WHAT WAS THE INITIAL PRESSURE?

January 26 2013, 12:15 AM 

IT is the ONLY valid criteria for "fill">

If I put on my gauge, and a 6000psi tank reads 3000psig

I have half a tank (fill)

The volume is fixed, and temperature is insignificant.

PV=nRT with V and T and R cast out as constants leaves only
P and n...the number of molecules. The fill!

Maybe you have a leak. watch your gauges!

Respond to this message   
noreasta
(Login noreasta)
YF

Let them know.........

January 25 2013, 10:08 PM 

That the whole reason for getting the tank is for the full and high 6000psi pressures.

Respond to this message   
noreasta
(Login noreasta)
YF

Please follow up your post......

January 26 2013, 10:28 AM 

I've been thinking of going this route with nitrogen in a large storage tank with very high pressures. Let us know how things turn out with your supplier of nitrogen.
And who are you using?

Respond to this message   

(Login Lemensd)
YF

Sorry I fell asleep , long day, And having probs with the fourm when i hit the back butto

January 26 2013, 11:54 AM 

I dont now the fill as delivered it was supposed to be 6000psi. When I filled my first tank that still had 2900psi and is rated 130cf @ 3442 and is safe to add 10%-3786.2psi.I filled it to 3800psi. The guage is in line so only shows fill pressure and not tank pressure.I stoped there then filled my small paintball tank that is rated for 4500psi. That tank is only rated in cubic inches, I forget now but its tiny. When I was around 4300psi I closed the nitrogen tank a little and it stoped filling, so cracked it open a little bit more and a little more untill I had the nitrogen tank fully open. Both tanks had equalized at only 4400psi.
This just does not seem right to me, that is why im asking help from nitrogen users.
I called the company that supplied the tank yesterday and they wre supposed to get back to me but i did not hear from the before closing time.
They do not fill the tanks that part is outsourced.The shrink wrap on the valve as delivered say's PraxAir.
I did use a little soapy water to check for leaks and found none.
I hope I answered everyone's questions that responed to this post sorry for the delay.
Thanks Donald

Respond to this message   
Cal
(Login CalG)
YF

You have no case

January 26 2013, 3:29 PM 

Sorry, without a gauge on the tank,

all you have is a question. The "guys" at the gas fill depot do this for a living.

I doubt a "wrapped" bottle is going out half filled, and so will your supplier. "Just does not happen".

If you do not have a "QUALITY" Gauge and delivery set up with high and low pressure indications, you place yourself at a disadvantage.

But, who knows, you might have a responsive customer oriented supplier.

Psst! wink.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login rustytigwire)
YF12

Put a gauge on it when you get it,

January 26 2013, 12:04 PM 

If it isn't pretty close to top send it back, They probly won't care and may even bill you for delivery, just normal business these days. Probably your fault for not specifying a full tank to begin with.
Local scuba shop like that inspired my purchase of a Shoebox compressor. The owner of that business by the way DOES care if you have less than 100% satisfaction and will make sure everything is right!
Please take my cynicism lightly, there are many "whatever" links in the chain that brings us goods and services. I get tired of poor results being blamed on the recipient.

Respond to this message   
Donald
(Login Lemensd)
YF

Short Changed

January 26 2013, 12:36 PM 

I ordered a deadhead from Joe Brancato yesterday so I can check.His nitrogen setup is what I am using his guage only goes to 6000 so I will need to be careful when I get a new cylinder as to not peg the guage if it is full or close to it, open slowly and let it climb if it starts to get close to 6K i will stop.

Respond to this message   
rstanis
(Login rstanis)
YF12

Re: Short Changed

January 26 2013, 12:47 PM 

I have filled my 44cf tank at least 15 times (first time from empty and then when it went down to 3200 ) Now down to 4200 psi in my main tank.. Make sure it was a 6000 psi tank as there are some with less psi...

Respond to this message   
Donald
(Login Lemensd)
YF

Your 44cf

January 26 2013, 1:50 PM 

What is your fill pressure on your 44cf? is it a carbon fiber 4500psi tank ? is that what you are filling to? I understand first fill, your tank was empty and filled to 4500psi? then down to 3200psi then top it back off to 4500psi? And you have done this at least 15 times.
I will check back for your post must go for now.
BTW am I the only one having problems with the yellow fourm? when I go back to main page and try to post or click on another post I have to wait for couple of minutes.Been this way for a couple weeks. No other problems with my computer on the internet.
Thanks Donald

Respond to this message   
rstanis
(Login rstanis)
YF12

Re: Your 44cf

January 26 2013, 9:47 PM 

yes you have it correct..

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Nitrogen Need Help From Users
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.