<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Walther LGR pellet choice..?

March 15 2013 at 10:43 AM
Joe  (Login Soldano)
YF

I am going to ring out a 20x scoped Walther LGR soon & have RWS basics, & Superpoints on hand & would like to hear what anyone has luck with in LGR's. I will be shooting from 20-40 yards on paper & maybe the occasional Starling.....I usually order bulk from Champions Choice & like bulk order options.
Joe

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Harvey
(Login eureeka)
YFOT

The best thing I can recommend is a pellet sampler

March 15 2013, 11:32 AM 

The reason is you might prefer a certain pellet yourself, and while that pellet may be very accurate, there can be others, substitutes, which might be just as accurate or easier to find. Or cheaper. POI may vary slightly but the accuracy is just as good.

Remember to test the same pellet at close distances And long distances.

Harv

Respond to this message   

AZ_Shooter
(Login ruger270)
YF

Pellet accuracy in my LGR...

March 15 2013, 12:28 PM 

My LGR shoots the following very well, they are ordered according to accuracy at 15 yards:

1) H&N Match Rifle (one-hole groups @ 15 yards)
2) RWS Meisterkugeln
3) JSB Exact Heavy

My gun shot all of the pellets I tried relatively well, but the aforementioned pellets just stood out with clearly the best accuracy.

Respond to this message   
david mckee
(Login davidmckee)
YC

best pellets

March 15 2013, 2:07 PM 

Mine likes the lighter pellets (7.3 JSB RS and the AA Falcons). I shoot at between 25-35 yds and these standout in mine. My harder shooting Annie 380 LG and FWB 300s rifles handle the 7.9 Express best at these distances but not the CPL of same weight. All great rifles. I want a Diana 75 next. Good shooting! David

Respond to this message   
Joe
(Login Soldano)
YF

Re: Thanks everyone.......

March 15 2013, 6:58 PM 

This message has been edited by Soldano on Mar 15, 2013 7:02 PM

Respond to this message   
Joe
(Login Soldano)
YF

Thanks everyone.......

March 15 2013, 6:59 PM 

I ordered 4-5 differant type & weight this morning from AoA, so at least I'll have about 7-8 total options to try for now. My 300s actually shoots the RWS superpoints great @ 40 yards on a wind behaved day & have done a few 4 outa 5 shot one holers with it at that distance & scoped of course. The quality of these older 10m guns are insane.
Joe

Respond to this message   
JohnWI
(Login JohnWI)
YF12

It's the triggers on these that spoil us

March 17 2013, 9:44 PM 

I need to stop collecting, NOW, as it makes it hard to pick up normally great springers' triggers. But the shocker for me is finding out/admitting that the HW30S/R7 is also extremely accurate for a new gun at less cost and a bit more power.

Respond to this message   
patrick
(Login bayareaairgunner)
YF12

Try some JSB Exacts 8.4 and Express before bulk order NT

March 15 2013, 3:24 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.