<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CO2 Blue Streak

June 24 2013 at 9:52 PM
  (Login cswilliams1963)
YF12

Hello everyone,I'm new here and have ask 2 question which I received good response. So I would like to introduce myself. My name is Cliff Williams from NE MS. I do actually have another question. On this forum as well as AA I have seen several Benjamin/Sheridan rifles for sale or trade. The ones that I have seen have all been pump action. I have not seen any CO2's anywhere. Have I just overlooked them or are their owners to proud of them to part with them? Anyway, I have a "CO2 Blue Streak 5/5 mm" along with the serial number on the left side of barrel and Sheridan company information on the right side of barrel. I have not found a model number unless what I think is a serial number is the model number.

Sorry to be so long winded but, I would like to thank anyone that can help me in advance.

Cliff Williams

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login breakfastchef)
YF

Sheridan Model F

June 24 2013, 11:02 PM 

The model F was the first CO2 rifle that Sheridan built. I do not believe it is considered Blue Streak.

Respond to this message   
Anthony R
(Login fivestar45)
YF

As Larry says

June 25 2013, 9:38 AM 

you have an "F" model. They were made in both Blue and Silver finish. The F's are a bit harder to find than the pumpers. As far as my tastes, the Sheridan F Rocker Safety's are one of my favorites. When modified for dedicated bulk fill, and up graded valve they have a long shot count, and are good for over 700fps in 70deg weather.

Respond to this message   
David
(Login DJammer)
YF

Like Anthony says

June 25 2013, 12:26 PM 

there are both blue and nickel versions, there is also a variation of the end cap threads, early ones were externally threaded and the second variants have internal threads. The rod that holds in the cart was a solid aluminium in the first variant and then changed to a steel rod in v2.
The F is kind of a gas hog and responds well to bulk filling. The very early ones don't lend themselves to bulk fill because of the location of the tube vent being close to the end of the stock instead of the muzzle end. I followed Anthony's lead and lightened the hammer, made an acetal valve poppet and smoothed the flow on one of mine. I really like these rifles, they handle great and are very accurate.
Thanks Anthony for the info and incentive!

This message has been edited by DJammer on Jun 25, 2013 12:33 PM

Respond to this message   
Anthony R
(Login fivestar45)
YF

You're Welcome!

June 26 2013, 9:34 AM 

I'm glad you found the F re-work worthwhile.
Now's the time of the year that these guns work their best. Have Fun

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - CO2 Blue Streak
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.