<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Where can I find JSB quarterbore pellets...

September 12 2013 at 4:11 PM
  (Login Harriershot)
YFOT

I would like to try some JSB quarterbore in my Cricket, I hear they shoot really well. Where can I find some.

Charlie

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

birdo
(Login Birdo22)
YF12

Re: Where can I find JSB quarterbore pellets...

September 12 2013, 5:05 PM 

I get mine from pyramydair. it's next day service to here.

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)

P/A does not have "Quarterbore" pellets. All they have are Kings. n/t

September 12 2013, 6:03 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login petemans79)
YF12

I think he just means .25 caliber

September 12 2013, 6:20 PM 

I don't believe the Quarter Bore Exacts are still made.

"If time and money are no object, pretty much anything can be done."

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)

I think he meant "Quarterbores"! n/t

September 12 2013, 10:45 PM 

Respond to this message   
Scott Dellinger
(Login SDellinger)
YF12

Re: Where can I find JSB quarterbore pellets...

September 13 2013, 12:43 AM 

TopGun had some a while back.

Respond to this message   

(Login Radoslav)
YF

quarter bore

September 13 2013, 12:12 AM 

The quarter bore label was done for TGAG. It is the same pellet as KINGS. I think even TGAG sells them as KINGS, not sure if they have any quarterbore's left.

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)

Begging your pardon, but the Quarterbores are not the same

September 13 2013, 11:06 AM 

as the current Kings....not even close! See my earlier post...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1378917955/Differences+in+JSB+%26quot%3BKings%26quot%3B.....

It's what you learn after you "know it all" that is important!

Respond to this message   

(Login Radoslav)
YF

Not the same

September 13 2013, 1:11 PM 

I am not surprised they are not the same. When the die the company is using, and it does not matter if it is JSB, or Crosman or H&N. When a certain amount of pellets are made (I am not sure how many) the die is removed and send for either polishing or they get another die. Then JSB in case of another die will ascertain if the end product will shoot to THEIR specification in THEIR rifles. Then the pellets get sold just to be told over the internet they don't shoot in some ones rifle but shoot great in another. That is why you see over and over advice if you find the pellet which shoots great in YOUR rifle get as many as you can afford. If you wait a while and take more pictures like you did they will be different again. We are talking pellets by the millions not just a month or two. Oh, there is more then one die maker for this process which supplies JSB; JSB just picks the ones it likes.
I am looking forward to more pictures.

Thanks
Rada

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)

A blind man could see the MAJOR differences between these 3 iterations

September 13 2013, 2:09 PM 

of "Kings". I do not for one minute believe that the punch die used was similar at all. The "newest Kings" are even different on the outside shape. Seems to me JSB was searching for change effects and the latest just isn't cutting it IMHO!
When an airgun manufacturer like Cricket designs their guns to shoot JSBs, then JSB changes their pellet design, well it doesn't take rocket science to know what the end result may be. The Cricket, in particular, relies on the recess design to locate the pellet in the optimum position when loading. When the recess design or depth changes dramatically, this can create accuracy issues. IMO, this is what is happening with these newest "Kings".

Respond to this message   

(Login Radoslav)
YF

OK

September 13 2013, 3:50 PM 

OK a step back. All I meant by my first reply is the quarter bore is the same caliber then kings a .25. Nothing more or less.
The fact they are NOT identical was not implied. I did not realize the Kricket was designed for the JSB pellet. If so why don't they have a right for the die dimensions like Air Arms? If the agreement between the two companies does not exist, JSB can change the design to what ever they want. I am not sure why they would be at fault in this case. Maybe they like the 'new' design.

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)

Good point....I wish Cricket would supply their own dies to JSB

September 13 2013, 4:05 PM 

like Edgun did. The Edgun JSB 18.1 pellets are the best I have ever shot out of my FX Elite.

Respond to this message   

(Login Radoslav)
YF

Agreed

September 13 2013, 4:14 PM 

if all the companies did that there would not be the discrepancy you found. And my pellet bill would be less, since I would not have to buy such a large amount. I also like the 18.1 pellets. My Kricket rifle seems to like the 16 grain variety. To the point when I get done shooting, I shoot out the staples out of the target with my last four pellets.

Thanks
Rada

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Where can I find JSB quarterbore pellets...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.