YF

Thanks Steve, that's good to know! NT

January 15 2014, 4:56 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login breakfastchef)
YF

Recoil Reducer; Interesting Concept

January 15 2014, 4:59 PM 

Sort of like an HDD for a spring/piston-powered gun.

Respond to this message   
Russell Best
(Login RBest)
YFOT

BSA used the same piston design.

January 15 2014, 5:02 PM 

They had machined flat area on the bottom of the piston ( and so did Webley and AA) plus a buffer band behind the piston head. Its not new technology...except for Crosman, but this is good, ad it shows they aee evolving their designs.

"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.

Respond to this message   

(Login C.A.P)

Its not just a washer to center the piston. Quite the opposite !

January 15 2014, 8:16 PM 

Russ The way I take it is its not a washer to stabilize the piston but rather a expanding bushing that is connected to the piston head separately.. If so it sounds like a GREAT idea. I thought about a inertia piston and just did not have the time or $$$ to invest in making it and testing it.This is a FIRST if it is indeed a expanding bushing that moves with the contact .

The sealed cocking slot is a Webley Venom design on the Tommy/Longbow. Its a great design and takes a key or flat aid to cock the gun.
The buttons are a FIRST for a production gun,, Looks like you can snap them in and out . The piston is definitely CNC and well made

Imagine if that gun gets a REAL trigger. Not to mention if you reverse engineer a spring into it. Now you have a gun with 10% more power than a ram and easier to cock.

Kudos to Crosman for stepping up a bit ! GET A NEW TRIGGER design. NOT a GT? and that may be the new air gun of the decade !

C.A.P Airgun Research...

"Building today's air rifles with tomorrows technology"

Respond to this message   

(Login C.A.P)

Re: Its not just a washer to center the piston. Quite the opposite !

January 15 2014, 8:39 PM 

www.capairgunresearch.com

"Building today's air rifles with tomorrows technology"

Respond to this message   

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
YC

Thanks, Steve, and thanks, Chip!

January 15 2014, 5:25 PM 

I will probably fall for one. Still interested in reports on the trigger.

Between this and some of the newer PCP offerings, I'm afraid I am gonna finally have to put some stuff up for sale. It's more a question of room than funds, but I still have to justify appearances to Management.

Thanks for the near-real time report!

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)

People who have actually seen and handled the "new" trigger...

January 16 2014, 12:07 PM 

...aren't very impressed.

For example, I'm hearing reports of a pseudo-2nd-stage adjustment screw that's located in the same old place and works the same old way as the current versions.

Steve

Respond to this message   

(Login manny6666)
YF12

LOL, guess I'll say, Typical ?

January 16 2014, 1:17 PM 

They sure are good at Hyping things up, and from a post below apparently all those Pistons break throught tech isn't all that new either, LOL
==============================
A reliable family of Evanix mean Hunters

This message has been edited by manny6666 on Jan 16, 2014 1:19 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login manny6666)
YF12

If they are as good as they make them sound

January 15 2014, 6:04 PM 

I'll most likely will get me one, always been a fan of those Nitro Pistons and liked all the ones I had

==============================
A reliable family of Evanix mean Hunters

Respond to this message   

(Login NC_Carver)
YF12

Thanks Steve and Chip.. Bull pup Nitro piston hmmm. nft

January 15 2014, 6:55 PM 

Respond to this message   
Barry
(Login badbs102)
YC

I guess I'll have to use some of my tax refund $ ....

January 15 2014, 7:18 PM 

I like what I see. I had the RWS 56 and the lack of recoil made it shoot like a pcp. Hopefully this performs well. I'll probably buy one.

Thanks,

Barry

This message has been edited by badbs102 on Jan 15, 2014 7:19 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login limbshaker)
YF12

Hmmm

January 15 2014, 7:45 PM 

Sounds like a good improvement, but I aint so sure about the Dampener do-dad. Seems like it could cause a big change in consistency as the thing heats up and the rubber expands/contracts, or gets softer/harder. But I can't throw out a formula to prove it so I may just be talking out my @ss happy.gif

Kudos to Crosman for improving on the design. I like that they are bringing gas ram guns in at a lower price point, and are running with it as far as improving the product goes. The piston bearings and the cocking slot improvement will be a good upgrade. If they get the trigger right I bet they will be sweet.

Respond to this message   

(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Thanks for the vid

January 15 2014, 9:06 PM 

Darn it steve, just when I thought i was done, lol

Respond to this message   
Tony
(Login bigtoe01)
YF

Re: Shot show 2014, one of last night's questions on nitro pistons

January 16 2014, 7:30 AM 

Patent pending design...i doubt it, prior art from BSA with their recoil buffer on the old 80's springers for one plus others have done it.

Recoil buffers have been used for years, who ever did your patent search needs firing, you can't patent what is already public knowledge.

Respond to this message   
Glover, Walter
(Login Voltar1)
YFOT

Got a link to that?

January 16 2014, 6:46 PM 

using a buffer as a brake is news to me

Respond to this message   

(Login Voltar1)
YFOT

Chip, thank you! looking like a great springer.

January 16 2014, 1:35 PM 

Really like the upgraded design and that buffer brake is ingenious!
Way to go
Thanks Steve for posting this!

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)

Chip, I think there's zero relative motion between the cocking lever and piston...

January 16 2014, 9:54 PM 

...in any springer during the cocking stroke, because the lever is already at the back end (bottom) of the piston in an uncocked springer. So I'm not sure when this "grinding" you mention could happen, unless it's after the cocking cycle is complete, and the lever is pulled back to the front of the piston as the barrel is returned to battery.

To clarify, this interactive demo by Perry Babin, although based on the Beeman R10, illustrates how the cocking cycle found in all breakbarrels works. When you open the page and click on "Play from the Beginning," please note the respective position and motion of lever and piston as the gun is cocked.

[linked image]

Click: http://www.arld1.com/images/swfs/r10.swf

Steve

This message has been edited by pneuguy on Jan 16, 2014 10:33 PM

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Shot show 2014, one of last night's questions on nitro pistons
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.