<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Feinwerkbau did it - new breakbarrel sporter!!

March 7 2014 at 2:53 PM

(Login SDplinker)
YF12

Pics!

[img][linked image][/img]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login regsmeeton)
YC

Need more info

March 7 2014, 3:02 PM 

just called up the FWB website and saw no info on this rifle. If you know where there's more info, let us know where we can find it. Inquiring minds want to know!
Jack
Why can't I be different and unusual.....like everybody else?

Respond to this message   

(Login SDplinker)
YF12

This was just unveiled at IWA 2014 in Germany

March 7 2014, 3:06 PM 

The guy who took the pics will scan and post the brochure/flyer. No pricing info as of yet. I'd love some specs too! FWB doesn't make anything but quality stuff so I'll follow this with interest.

-Casey

Respond to this message   

(Login regsmeeton)
YC

Looking forward to further info.....

March 7 2014, 3:13 PM 

Hope it comes soon. My curiosity is aroused. It's been quite some time since FWB had a sporting air rifle available. I hope it keeps up their reputation for very high quality.
Jack

Respond to this message   

(Login cvarcher)
YFOT

I wished I could get excited

March 7 2014, 3:57 PM 

I dont like the wood shape at all. Look at that front taper ,I think it was done with an axe.The monte carlo line goes on forever as if a router ran off .Dont like that checkering either. I bet the specs are terrific but why cant they have a rounded sleeker shaped wood .Harsh ugly trigger guard shape.Cant believe they didnt get rid of those transverse scope stop grooves.Does it really say Feinwerkbau in white on the stock!

This message has been edited by cvarcher on Mar 7, 2014 4:00 PM
This message has been edited by cvarcher on Mar 7, 2014 3:59 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login REAPER0D)

answer is GERMAN ENGINEERING

March 7 2014, 4:11 PM 

they have always been praised and famed for bold squarer lines and boxier shapes.

there may be something under that stock thats hidden and we wont know till we can get a hand on with it

Respond to this message   

(Login regsmeeton)
YC

I'm willing

March 7 2014, 4:44 PM 

to withhold judgment on the stock til I can hold one. I bet it's comfortable. As to the horizontal scope stop grooves, they are much better aesthetically than two or three vertical holes, especially when exposed. I had a prewar Walther Model 1 with a detachable scope which used the horizontal scope stop. It looked fine without the scope. If you can't manage to cover up the vertical stop holes, they look like plain bad design, whereas the horizontal ones look like a flourish.
Jack

Respond to this message   

(Login cvarcher)
YFOT

Hi Jack, loving your Winchester 427 ! . Are you sure

March 7 2014, 6:01 PM 

you like that new Feinwerkbau stock over something I designed for my FWB 127D !
[linked image] Fully glass bedded action

[linked image]

[linked image]

hey--- how did this get here!!!

[linked image]

This message has been edited by cvarcher on Mar 7, 2014 6:03 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login regsmeeton)
YC

No

March 7 2014, 6:22 PM 

yours is a very nice stock. I'm not crazy about the stock on the new FWB, but it might look better in person. Really more interested in the mechanical aspects of the new gun. You can always replace a stock if you like the gun otherwise. I have a restocked 124 myself. Not quite as pretty wood as yours.
Jack

Respond to this message   

(Login cvarcher)
YFOT

Well I hope they improved the trigger and the detente

March 7 2014, 8:18 PM 

mechanism a little stronger. I personally dont need so much power than the originals already have.The FWB 127D in the picture is moving a 22cal JSB Express 14.3gr pellet at 685 fps (almost 15ft/lbs).Thats like a Benjamin 342 pumped up to 10 times . I was hitting every shotgun hull at the range out to 40 yards and the scope is low powered with no mildots for holdover. I bet I could reach out past 50 yards if I had to. I personally like the low and mid powered airguns.Any PCPer try to best me I just take out my 22 mag and blow them away.LOL! By the way your little Winchester 427 is so smooth shooting and moving JSb RS 13.4gr pellets at 520fps. I think the gun is still breaking in from 1968!! RWS Hobbys 11.9gr were moving at 550fps .I bet the gun weighs no more than 5 1/2-6 lbs.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login RBest)
YFOT

I hope it has a better trigger design.

March 7 2014, 5:38 PM 

I loved my 124D, but I always yearned for a better trigger on an otherwise awesome airgun.
"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.

Respond to this message   
Daniele
(Login Daniele5)
YF12

Very interesting news!

March 7 2014, 3:14 PM 

I look forward for more news!

Thank you for sharing,

Daniele

Respond to this message   
brent saunders
(Login b1nine7o)
YF

Holy Cow !!!!!

March 7 2014, 3:36 PM 

I cant wait till it hits

Brent s

Respond to this message   
VillageSniper
(Login VillageSniper)
YF12

hmm

March 7 2014, 4:04 PM 

Looks like AirArms fish scale style checkering and some lines reminiscent of Beneli shotguns and rifles. I would still buy one.

Vs

Respond to this message   
Hmeister
(Login Hmeister)
YC

Wow! just when you thought PCP,s were taking over

March 7 2014, 4:22 PM 

Interesting . Hope the internals and barrel are up to FWB's typically high standards. Looks like a long rifle though- from pics. Hope not too long.

This message has been edited by Hmeister on Mar 7, 2014 4:55 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login yinyout)
YF12

I just emailed the company...nt

March 7 2014, 4:37 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login ADeuel)
YF

Very elegant looking rifle...need more info nt

March 7 2014, 4:41 PM 

Respond to this message   
VillageSniper
(Login VillageSniper)
YF12

Here are my specs:

March 7 2014, 4:50 PM 

It will shoot a .177 pellet at around 950 fps with a silky 20 lb cocking effort, vibration free and silent.
It will shoot a .22 pellet at around 850 fps with a silky 20 lb ...........................................

With precision accuracy of less than .08" ctc at 10 meters, all for the cost of, oh around $750............

Too fast, too slow, too much?

Vs

Of course I just made this all up

This message has been edited by VillageSniper on Mar 7, 2014 4:51 PM

Respond to this message   
anewguy
(Login anewguy)
YFOT

950 fps in .177, but with what pellet?

March 7 2014, 5:26 PM 

Would like to know the foot pound energy. Thanks.

Respond to this message   

(Login dgeesaman)
YF

I want it

March 7 2014, 5:21 PM 

I had been noodling over what my next airgun ought to be, and it's either this or an FWB 300.

David

Respond to this message   
anewguy
(Login anewguy)
YFOT

this gun looks awesome, I want one already, LOL nt

March 7 2014, 5:27 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login willy1)
YFOT

I have sneaking feelen thats its a 124 on steroids?

March 7 2014, 6:17 PM 

system overloaded

Respond to this message   

(Login OrlandoD)
YC

Looks based on124- hopefully an FWB trigger made it in- an a better barrel lock. NT.

March 7 2014, 7:03 PM 

This message has been edited by OrlandoD on Mar 7, 2014 7:08 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login limbshaker)
YF12

Lets get Ted in on it

March 7 2014, 7:33 PM 

Alright guys, Ted is at the show from his post up top about the Wolverine. Help me talk him into strolling by the FWB booth and checking it out haha!

Respond to this message   
Mitchell
(Login yinyout)
YF12

I have already implored him a touch. nt

March 7 2014, 10:06 PM 

Respond to this message   
Bob
(Login RetTech)
YC

Re: Sporter

March 7 2014, 7:49 PM 

I didn't like the stock profile at first but I am becoming less critical over time. To my way of thinking it isn't that far out of the norm with its German / Czech "hogback" style comb. The rear profile reminds me of several other target rifles but I would prefer the profile to be thinner and less "downswept" .
I have also been thinking that these may very well be popular. I had to look for a long time to find a Webley Longbow from the last of the U.K. produced ones and I think that a FWB sporter in the Longbow or Tomahawk power range could fill the wishes of others who missed out on other rifles.
Perhaps the new FWB sporter will inspire new stock designs. I'll bet Dave G could make improvements that would appeal to many. The tuners and the custom parts makers could offer different tune levels.A slightly softer tune to keep it closer to the classic 124/127 series may be possible but I don't think the power level vs ease of cocking could be met.

Respond to this message   

(Login powdermenot)
YC

Now i could get interested

March 7 2014, 10:53 PM 

In a FWB the 124 never did much for me. Dianas new gas ram has a stock that resembles the Fwb may have to try out both of them this year.
"Its always the guns fault. Usually its the "nut" that connects the sights to the trigger".

Respond to this message   

(Login jps2486)
YF

Gas piston?

March 8 2014, 10:03 AM 

It's time to ditch the springs.

Respond to this message   

(Login CARBIDE)
YF

Oh Yea Got to have one of those

March 8 2014, 7:21 PM 

Respond to this message   

joe
(Login jke)
YF

posted on south african forum

March 16 2014, 1:59 AM 

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Feinwerkbau did it - new breakbarrel sporter!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.