<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Is it me or do a lot of these manufacturers ....

February 16 2017 at 9:29 AM
PAQUETE MICHAEL  (Login mikerws)
YF12

Seem to be putting more technology into semi auto air pistols rather than semi auto rifles??? The money in my opinion is in the rifles not the $120 semi blowback pistols
...think of all the $500-600 semi auto rifles they would sell if it was somewhat good .

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jeremy
(Login Smaug1)
YF

I'm worried about the future of our hobby if semi-auto rifles become a thing

February 16 2017, 11:43 AM 

The semi-auto pistols are mostly aimed toward folks who want the cool look of a real gun, but without the hassles. They're also fun for plinking. But they only shoot .177 at 400 fps or so. Pretty harmless in the whole scheme of things.

When someone starts making affordable semi-automatic PCP rifles that have Serious Power, it's only a matter of time before someone does something stupid enough with them to get all of our airguns regulated like up in Canada. (500 fps limit, except if you have an overly-restrictive FAC)
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Yep......................

February 16 2017, 12:12 PM 

You'll probably get hammered for such heresy but I totally agree with you. Just my $.02 worth, nothing more.

Respond to this message   
PAQUETE MICHAEL
(Login mikerws)
YF12

highly doubt someone will drop $600...

February 16 2017, 12:23 PM 

For a semi auto airgun to do something stupid when they can drop the same amount on something that can do real damage. Basically when you see how far semi air pistols have come then you would think throw the same effort into rifles .

Respond to this message   
JD
(Login JamesDingle777)
AR&P

I fully agree. Criminals would laugh at their air gun

February 17 2017, 9:27 AM 

totting buddy if he showed up with one. Old .22LR can be had for under $100.00. Even a brand new Savage semi at Wallyworld was listed at $99.00 and EVERY and ANY Air Gun that even comes close to that power costs at least $1000.00 No, criminals all want handguns 9's, Nina's, that they can hold sideways and blast off with.
Air Guns are NOT in any danger. They will be treated as muzzle loaders at the very worst.
Do you have any idea how easy it is to turn a Mini full auto? That's what they are worried about, not full auto or semi auto Air Guns. Again, JMHO which doesn't mean Jack.

Respond to this message   
Jeremy
(Login Smaug1)
YF

I hope you're right (EOM)

February 17 2017, 3:11 PM 

-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

Where's your market research that show rifles would sell more?

February 16 2017, 1:15 PM 

Cuz I'd bet a tin of CHP's that those companies see the pistols as a much more profitable item. aND theyve done the market research....

There target audience IS NOT members of this forum...... (or any other air gun forum...)

Respond to this message   
PAQUETE MICHAEL
(Login mikerws)
YF12

we are the dangerous audience wanting everything lol NFt

February 16 2017, 1:27 PM 

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

aint that the truth...... :) NT

February 17 2017, 2:25 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
donwalk
(Login donwalk)
YC

i agree that future development will

February 16 2017, 2:57 PM 

no doubt bring "regulation" into play sooner, or later...more than likely sooner in places like California.

there are air guns that are now in the power range of some firearms, as we are well aware of.

where airguns are exempted from some rules, even in California, that will soon evaporate if fully moderated, firearm power equal, air arms are marketed; the "end" results of a shot(s) from either would be the same.

pistols are the foremost concern of legislators and law enforcement.
never squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Respond to this message   
Frank
(Login Frankopee)
YF12

If logic played a role in legislation

February 17 2017, 4:39 PM 

There wouldn't be any.

I'm no FUDD and think we shouldn't have any impediments but... if the legislators wanted to control the firearms that are associated with the most crime then they'd ban cheap Taurus and High Point pistols.

Instead they go after dramatic things like "high capacity clips" and evil forward grips.

The fear they could do with airguns is that there are probably only a 100,000 passionate airgunners who might protest versus 100 million college educated concerned citizens worried about what a madman might do with a "high energy alternative weapon"!

Respond to this message   
donwalk
(Login donwalk)
YC

that IS part of the problem

February 20 2017, 12:23 PM 

with legislators...many, if not most, have knee-jerk reaction when it come to firearms legislation; it is based more in "feel good" than fact.
never squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.