is this line springer rated???

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Physicalscienceguy
(Login Physicalscienceguy)
YF12

Hawke Fan

March 16 2017, 9:43 PM 

I really like the Hawke product line. I started with the Airmax line and it is very nice quality & durable.

I have since started using the Hawke Vantage line of scopes. My very favorite is the Hawke vantage 4-12x40 with an adjustable AO. I have this scope on my Walther LGU that is a 12.3 FPE Airgun. I have another on my TX200 that is 14.7 FPE.

My dad has a Vantage 3-9x40 on this Walther, that is a 15.0 FPE Airgun.

I have used the Hawke product line for a bit over 5 years, and the quality has been reliable. Any problems I just send it back and get a new one.

Respond to this message   

Dave Cole
(Login tulsaairguns)
YF12

Hawke suggest that you only use 30mm tube scopes on springers.

March 17 2017, 12:31 AM 

Respond to this message   
d-mick
(Login d-mick)
YF

Re: Hawke suggest that you only use 30mm tube scopes on springers.

March 17 2017, 8:00 AM 

I've seen the warning on Pyramid Air's website about only using 30mm on springers, but not on Hawke's website. The Aimax comes with a one inch tube, and are used on lots of springers.

This message has been edited by d-mick on Mar 17, 2017 12:39 PM

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: Hawke suggest that you only use 30mm tube scopes on springers.

March 17 2017, 9:32 AM 

30mm tubes are stiffer than 1" but what really makes a scope "springer proof" is re-enforced reticles. If the reticles aren't up to the two-way recoil snap you're going to have issues. Not all 30mm tube scopes are intended for use on springers.

Respond to this message   

nced
(Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Interesting, I reverted back to a 1" tube scope after a couple years........

March 17 2017, 10:16 AM 

with a heavy 30mm tube scope. It seems to me that the heavier components of a 30mm tube scope would be more prone to "recoil damage" with piston gun recoil than the lighter components of a 1" tube scope. I'm currently using a 4-12x50 Hawke AirMax scope and even though it's heavier than the 4-12x40 Vortex diamondback I owned the Hawke with 50mm objective is still a couple ounces lighter than my 3-12x44 Optisan Viper with a 30mm tube. Matter of fact, I'm considering reverting back to a 40mm OA scope like the Diamondback I owned to reduce the weight a bit more.

Oh well.....just making some personal comments that might be in error. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Physicalscienceguy
(Login Physicalscienceguy)
YF12

Called Hawke

March 19 2017, 10:39 AM 

I spoke with a Hawke representative. All Hawke scopes are stress tested to ensure quality. There is not a special test for each product line. Even though Vantage scopes are not specifically "Airgun Rated" they are Hawke scopes and thus covered by their fantastic warranty.

The representative said the Vantage line are good quality reliable scopes, go ahead and use it on the Airgun. That was 5 years ago and I have not had any problems with scopes failing.

The problems that I have had are on new scopes. I had one brand new scope that I sent back because the AO would not adjust. I had another brand new scope that failed to hold zero. Both scopes were sent to Hawke and replaced.

Great company...great quality product.

Respond to this message   
d-mick
(Login d-mick)
YF

I emailed and this is the response I got.

March 17 2017, 12:35 PM 

Vantage 1" - Light spring or gas piston rifles only around 12 ft lbs.
Airmax 1" and 30mm- For heavy spring and piston rifles.
Panorama 1"- Heavy spring and gas piston.
Endurance 1" and 30mm- Heavy spring and gas piston.
Sidewinder and ED - Heavy spring and gas piston.
Frontier - Heavy spring and gas piston.

Respond to this message   

Tom
(Login critter99)
YF12

did you email Hawke or PA?? nt

March 17 2017, 7:25 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
d-mick
(Login d-mick)
YF

Hawke

March 17 2017, 8:17 PM 

Respond to this message   
d-mick
(Login d-mick)
YF

Hawke

March 17 2017, 8:17 PM 

Respond to this message   

Tom
(Login critter99)
YF12

thanx nt

March 19 2017, 6:51 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.