<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

beeman bear claw questions

March 17 2017 at 12:26 AM
N2T  (Login N2T)
YF

I see that beeman offers some thumbhole spring guns like the Bear Claw. But I don't see them for sale on Pyaramid etc and only by Amazon through big box stores. Are they Walmart grade guns? The thumbhole stock looks really nice and components seem similar to other offerings. How would they compare to something like the Ruger Air Hawk Elite or a Titan?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Fleming
(Login Simplyhooked)
YC

Re: beeman bear claw questions

March 17 2017, 8:21 AM 

Can you say "knock offs", it's not an original Beeman airgun and they're being sold using the "Beeman" name only. The original Beeman "Weihrauch" airguns were made/imported from Germany ("1970") and sold by Robert Beeman, that's where the "Beeman" name came from. I may be a little off center but I would never in my life buy something that does not even come close to the original Beeman/German line of airguns using the name "Beeman". JMHO

happy.gif
Shoot straight and only once. + This is what we do and this is where we do it.

Respond to this message   
VAF
(Login VAFarmer)
YC

the undertstanding I have of it is that Beeman was originally

March 17 2017, 10:35 AM 

nothing more than an importer/distributer like you see today.

IOW, beeman now sells the QB guns (which are decent guns, btw) but those are industry brand or shanghai or something.

So your Beeman R9(perhaps best known, maybe also the R1) were nothing more than HW's version of the 95 and 80, respectively. they have had different denotations over the years.

Beeman supposedly credits himself (perhaps others can too, again.....this is a birds eye view explaination) with evolving the HW35 into the R1, and having something to do with the evolution of the P1 or HW45. The stocks on Beemans were generally nicer, but not sure if there was anything deeper than cosmetics going on.

So in summary, the Beeman of old was owned by R Beeman who distributed HW's and also some webleys and I think once or twice some BSA's. mainly the USA importer/retailer of some quality hard to find european guns.

The Beeman name was sold, and they still distribute rifles, but a different quality base for sure.

God bless,

Farmer

This message has been edited by VAFarmer on Mar 17, 2017 10:37 AM

Respond to this message   
VAF
(Login VAFarmer)
YC

PS. for OLD Beeman quality at BETTER THAN USED USA PRICES, look here...

March 17 2017, 10:47 AM 

https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/

You can get top notch HWs even special editions here cheaper than you can buy used. Cheaper than some places have the current "china" beeman guns.

God bless,

Farmer

Respond to this message   
Sophie948
(Login Sophie948)
AR&P

That site makes me wish I were very very rich. (n/t)

March 18 2017, 3:08 AM 

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: beeman bear claw questions

March 17 2017, 11:26 AM 

Chinese imports. Ok guns but that's about it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.