<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

FWB 300s Spring comparison.. Single vs. Double

March 17 2017 at 2:10 PM

Joe Wayne Rhea  (Login JoeWayneRhea)

Guys here is a real quick video that I did on my personal rifle comparing the FWB 300s with an original Dual spring setup compared to a single spring setup I show groups and velocities
https://youtu.be/LRV42p9GjXk

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jack
(Login regsmeeton)
YC

Hey, Joe

March 17 2017, 2:24 PM 

referred a guy to you from RFC who was looking for a FWB 300. I figured he should save himself some potential aggravation by getting a rebuilt one from you.
Not sure about Texas show this year, but hope to make it again.
Best regards,
Jack
Why can't I be different and unusual.....like everybody else?

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

Joe, do you still have the velocity data on the old spring that was in the gun?

March 17 2017, 3:56 PM 

I have 3 FWBs, all with the original springs. My Mini is the fastest shooting 7.33 pellets at 655 fps. The other two 300Ss are around 615 to 625. I've also noted that the abient air temperature has some affect.

I've re-sealed one of the 300Ss, but didn't replace the spring. Maybe I should have, but I hate to tear it apart again.

This message has been edited by jps2486 on Mar 17, 2017 3:57 PM

Respond to this message   

Joe Wayne Rhea
(Login JoeWayneRhea)

Phil no sorry man I don't

March 17 2017, 7:29 PM 

I do know it was shooting about 650 or so with 7.33 pellets . I changed it out mainly to get another crack at it with the new double springs I had just got in .This speeds you are quoting are just about right . It wasn't until after I made the video I realized that the speeds I posted were wrong . I was using chrono connect app which is actually really good but I entered yardage wrong ! The speeds are off by about 50 fps on average.It was a rookie mistake ') . Genuine 700 fps FWB rifles are far and few between . Especially after the new spring kinda takes a set.

Respond to this message   
Vince
(Login Vince57)
YC

Very nice video, great shooting. Thanks Joe n/t.

March 17 2017, 8:54 PM 

Respond to this message   

Matt Spigner
(Login MattSpigner)
YC

Joe, Thanks for another great video! ...Nice Pooch, too! (n/t)

March 18 2017, 12:54 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.