<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

I am UPSET! UPS says I have 'abandoned my package'

March 19 2017 at 7:26 PM
William Wiseman  (Login wcwiseman)
YF12

Anybody got any ideas about this: I ordered from Krale's in the Netherlands - package tracking shows it got over here quick and was scanned into Louisville, 100 miles from me.
I got email from UPS this early afternoon saying I have abandoned the package and it will be surrendered to customs. I don't know what the hell is going on. I phoned UPS twice and got two different ladies, neither of whom seemed to care about my shipment and suggested I contact the seller about it. I was expecting delivery tomorrow and have no idea what's going on. Anyone have an experience like this? I emailed Krale's but have not heard anything from them.

Louisville, KY, United States 03/19/2017 12:46 P.M. The package was abandoned by the customer and will be surrendered to customs.
03/19/2017 11:50 A.M. Warehouse Scan
03/19/2017 11:17 A.M. Import Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 03/18/2017 5:33 A.M. Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany 03/18/2017 1:02 A.M. Departure Scan
Koeln, Germany 03/17/2017 9:43 P.M. The package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city.
03/17/2017 5:30 A.M. Departure Scan
Apeldoorn, Netherlands 03/16/2017 10:00 P.M. Departure Scan
03/16/2017 9:50 P.M. Origin Scan
03/16/2017 4:23 P.M. Pickup Scan
Netherlands 03/16/2017 6:09 A.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jason W Garvin
(Login jason_garvin)
YF12

I have not with my orders,

March 19 2017, 8:51 PM 

I have placed three orders, only one got sliced open by customs. Sounds like maybe the name or address got messed up. I would call the center no actually the world port hub at UPS KY. Try to get ahold of the preload supervisor early in the morning and see if UPS got it or if customs there has found something they dont like.

Good luck

Jason G

Respond to this message   
morris wms
(Login thecat11)
YF12

call ups tell them you want to pick the package up!

March 19 2017, 10:25 PM 

A lot of folks do not no, you can do this or go on line and change the delivery.

Respond to this message   
Athanasios Dimulas
(Login yasou)
YF

All Shippers have Problems and Part Time Workers

March 20 2017, 6:12 PM 

That's UPS,FedEX and USPS.Workers just care about their jobs.I have had Shippers call me at work and tell me its closed and nobody is there while Im at the Front Door waiting for Delivery .After many phone calls shipper said Driver never had the Box in his Truck and the Box (Air Rifle) never moved for the last 4 days.Yes they lie to cover themselves .This is my main concern about buying outside of the USA .I trust the Dealers but not the Shippers.If you get a New Gun with cracked stock ,that's another Problem !My Wife had to run almost a block after The Big Truck since they informed us they cant find our house after 4 tries and they were right in front of our House.There is no easy solution to this Shipping problem !

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login TwiceHorn)
YF12

UPS

March 20 2017, 7:56 PM 

Seems rarely to know how to properly code packages coming through customs. There have been several reports on the fora of WTF codes in the tracking history, usually ultimately resulting in delivery of the package.

Krale will make it good.

I dislike UPS.

Respond to this message   
William Wiseman
(Login wcwiseman)
YF12

status since last post

March 21 2017, 8:58 PM 

Krale responded to my email saying they would check on it with UPS and get back to me when they have more news.
Then I got updated email from UPS stating my package is delayed at export and is awaiting release from customs.
More than 30 hours have passed since last email.

If I do a track right now I get only there was "an import scan" on same day (20th) 2 hours after the the previous
message about awaiting release from customs. But I got no email saying so.
There is no information on delivery date.

I am trying to be patient and positive, but I'm beginning to think something is wrong.
I will post again when I have any more contact or information.

Louisville, KY, United States 03/20/2017 11:24 A.M. Import Scan
03/20/2017 8:44 A.M. Your package is delayed at export and is awaiting release from customs.
Louisville, KY, United States 03/19/2017 12:46 P.M. The package was abandoned by the customer and will be surrendered to customs.
03/19/2017 11:50 A.M. Warehouse Scan
03/19/2017 11:17 A.M. Import Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 03/18/2017 5:33 A.M. Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany 03/18/2017 1:02 A.M. Departure Scan
Koeln, Germany 03/17/2017 9:43 P.M. The package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city.
03/17/2017 5:30 A.M. Departure Scan
Apeldoorn, Netherlands 03/16/2017 10:00 P.M. Departure Scan
03/16/2017 9:50 P.M. Origin Scan
03/16/2017 4:23 P.M. Pickup Scan
Netherlands 03/16/2017 6:09 A.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

imports

March 22 2017, 9:38 AM 

i order materials from china pretty often...When they get to the US they always say " arrived in NY sort facility.. Sometimes right after that " handed over to customs" .. If it gets handed over to customs, I usually end up getting delivery 2 weeks later than expected.. Im curious to see wth is going on with your box.

Respond to this message   
William Wiseman
(Login wcwiseman)
YF12

I can't believe this!

March 24 2017, 12:33 AM 

I have no more information from UPS even though I sent them email asking when I can expect my package.

This last morning, 23 March, Krale emailed me with this:

"Dear William,

This is the information that i received from UPS this morning:

US customs is holding this for review. Per USC guidelines, this shipment may be hold for up to 60 days for review. Once their review is completed, UPS or the importer will be notified.'

I don't expect that it will take this long (never happens) but we'll have to wait until they release the package. I"m sorry for the delay and inconvenience."

I don't blame Krale for anything, but I feel like somehow there is government harassment here - why, I don't know. Is it that they are discouraging buying from
overseas? Or is some A-hole at Customs just feeling like messing with a stranger just because he can? A power trip? Someone anti-gun just screwing with me?
60 days certainly is a long time, and who knows what can happen to my package and contents during that long period...

I'll update this when and if I get my package or any pertinent information worth sharing.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

THANKS for the update

March 24 2017, 9:23 AM 

Im not sure what thats about..Once they see its a pellet gun , they should be able to send it on its way.. I have noticed that this last month, my shipments from overseas ( bigger boxes) are staying at customs as much as 3 weeks. It used to be 1 day or 2 tops.. I have one that got to New york march 8th , I wont see it for till april.

Respond to this message   
Alex in the Winter Wonderland that is NY
(Login awilde)
YF12

Possibly a CITES issue?

March 24 2017, 9:59 AM 

If the gun had a hardwood stock then the customs people may be looking extremely closely into what type of wood was used if that information wasn't included with any CITES type documentation. This year was a fairly hard hit to a number of people with the new CITES restrictions that were added, so if there was any question on the customs peoples end it would certainly cause a holdup. Just a thought.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.