<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How do you guys like the new centerpoint scope...

March 20 2017 at 2:40 PM
PAQUETE MICHAEL  (Login mikerws)
YF12

4x16x40 with the ir moved closer to the power dial. I remember the older ones being pretty dam gd for the money.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
21grains
(Login 21grains)
YC

Re: How do you guys like the new centerpoint scope...

March 20 2017, 6:33 PM 

Is that the new one w/Adjustable Paralax not the 100yrd fixed, old Scope I gave away to My P.B. Buddy, no good for Airgun or .22LR.....Franky

Ps. Wire Cross Hairs not Eched Glass a big minus for air Guns

This message has been edited by 21grains on Mar 20, 2017 11:33 PM

Respond to this message   

MikeD
(Login caninesinaction)
YF12

Very Good

March 20 2017, 6:40 PM 

Have used on Henry 22LR, and my Sumatra 2500. Good clarity, range out to 100+yards, no complaints and no problelms.

Respond to this message   
Quinton Lewis
(Login Domer_Pyle)
YF

Other than that stupid TAG reticle it's solid

March 20 2017, 8:35 PM 

The clicks aren't quite as crisp as I'd like but the AO dial isn't stiff and the sight picture is clear even at max power. Haven't put it on a springer to see how well it holds but I've had good luck with CP for almost 10 years

Respond to this message   

nced
(Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Except for the silly "triangles on the wires" my CP is pretty good.

March 21 2017, 10:18 AM 

[linked image]
[linked image]
The silly but still functional TAG reticle......
[linked image]
I actually prefer the mid dot reticle of my old 4-16x40 CenterPoint but for the price my CP is pretty good. I'm currently using a 4-12x50 Hawke Airmax scope on my HW95 but I'm not sure that it was worth 2 1/2 times the cost of the CenterPoint except for the excellent customer service I got from a previous malfunctioning Hawke AirMax.

I had some issues with a CenterPoint scope a while back and a trip to customer "non-service" was a waste of time and money for shipping. The Leapers scope was a 30mm tube SWAT model that wouldn't focus sharply any closer than 12 yards at 12x so it was sent in for replacement. All I got was the scope returned with this note......
[linked image]
I rechecked my sharp focus distance and it wouldn't focus sharply at 10 yards @ 12x.........
[linked image]

Anywhoo.....for the Leapers/CenterPoint scopes there may be customer service issues where they deny that anything is wrong with the scope.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.