<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Final 3...maybe

April 16 2017 at 12:40 PM
Bryan Hall  (Login texasair)
YF

Ok so my PCP purchase is down to 3 choices. There are others I would rather have but I must consider the limitation of hand pumping. Bought a cheap PCP and I can pump from 120 bar to 200 pretty easily with tube resovoir. So 200 bar pressure is the benchmark for consideration..

Evanix Rainstorm II .22
Daystate Regal XL .22
Cricket carbine .22

Would like 25+ shots on a fill.

I'm aware these are all very different animals but would like to hear hands on experience with each. I'm 90% hunt and pesting. Robust construction and low maintenance is important. I kind of like the Brocock Compatto also. I'm not too interested in requiring a tune or the necessity to add a long ldc. Of course accuracy is king. For what I do a regulator doesn't seem a requirement.

Other 200bar options are welcome.

Thanks.

BMH

This message has been edited by texasair on Apr 16, 2017 12:42 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)
BOI

Have had them all at one time or another, and my 1st choice is...

April 16 2017, 1:21 PM 

the Cricket Carbine/Rifle. It's the most accurate, is regulated, has easily adjustable power, has a higher shot count that is linear, and it balances very nicely. Probably the most quiet as well. Downside...it's the most expensive.
The Daystate Regal would be my only other choice of the 3 listed.
BTW - I still have a Cricket Rifle but now it's my heavy hitting .25 which I converted from .22 cal.

This message has been edited by AndyH44 on Apr 16, 2017 1:22 PM

Respond to this message   
Bryan Hall
(Login texasair)
YF

How does the cricket do at 2900 psi...

April 16 2017, 2:08 PM 

I appreciate your input

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login lagger00)
YF12

my cricket 25

April 16 2017, 4:30 PM 

I fill from my 2 100cft 3200 psi scuba tanks and get 48 good shots per 210 bar fill fwiw my cricket was tuned by Mr Rowe and is superbly accurate... at about 870 fps, it has taken a couple of large woodchucks @ 40 to 50 yds with single head shot. I would expect ~40 good shots from a 2900 fill

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

Best choice

April 16 2017, 2:11 PM 

I have 2 Crickets, one in 177 and one in .25. Both are super accurate and have great shot count. However, they are heavy and you may not like the bullpup platform. I also have a Regal XL in .22. It is much lighter, has beautiful appearance, gets 40 shots per fill, and is as accurate as any other rifle out there, including the real high end stuff. While pricey, the magazines are a joy to use, and not as quirky as the Crickets. Forget the Evanix. IMO, it's not in the same league. For $999, the Daystate wins.

This message has been edited by jps2486 on Apr 16, 2017 2:12 PM

Respond to this message   
Earl
(Login daystate395)
YF12

My choice

April 16 2017, 2:58 PM 

I have the Daystate Regal and it is very accurate. I like that it is very light and has a good balance. You will not go wrong with a Regal. It is a beautiful and well built rifle.

Respond to this message   

TracyP
(Login tsp3355)
YF12

Buy the Cricket Carbine that just went up for sale on the classifieds

April 16 2017, 2:42 PM 

Tuned by Earnest for $800. Grab it and don't look back! The Daystate is a fine choice also.

Respond to this message   
CheckUrSix
(Login CheckUrSix)
YF12

Yep! @ $800.00 Good price and you can sell it later and ask same price un-less

April 16 2017, 3:39 PM 

you want a Long Gun then the Daystate at only 6 1/2 lbs and good quality old style bolt action right side cocking. If you are right handed you Must remove the trigger finger to cock....
If the Cricket is a consideration you "Might" be able to move the cocking lever to the left side and always keep a sight picture while cocking.

This message has been edited by CheckUrSix on Apr 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Respond to this message   
CheckUrSix
(Login CheckUrSix)
YF12

Go with Cricket....if nothing else better resale/demand IMO.

April 16 2017, 3:38 PM 

Respond to this message   

TracyP
(Login tsp3355)
YF12

That Cricket already sold

April 16 2017, 5:51 PM 

Don't know if it was the OP who got it, but if not you might want to consider looking for a used Mutant Shorty with the CZ barrel. They are very air efficient and can be easily tuned for a little lower velocity and higher shot count. They are extremely accurate and the trigger is almost as good as my $2K+ RAW.

Respond to this message   
Bryan Hall
(Login texasair)
YF

Not me I missed it...

April 16 2017, 6:59 PM 

I really like the design of the Mutants. I will check check it out also.

I plan on placing an order this week for one of these. Thanks to all.

BMH

Respond to this message   
Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns
(Login GeorgiaAirGuns)
YF12

The Cricket is a proven platform..

April 16 2017, 10:07 PM 

One of the advantages of the Cricket's is that they are basically the same design in the receiver across the caliber's, rifles or bullpups. This means there has been many Crickets sold and shot with very few problems among them.
As a retailor for the Cricket product, I carry a lot of spare parts to support anyone who has a Cricket.
I currently have four of the .22 Cricket Carbines in stock.

Respond to this message   
John
(Login JOHNSAIRMADNESS)
YC

Bryan, email me.

April 16 2017, 10:18 PM 

jlehmkuhler@frontier.com

Respond to this message   
Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns
(Login GeorgiaAirGuns)
YF12

John, I have your cover plate..

April 16 2017, 11:29 PM 

John, I will call you tomorrow. I will mail you the plate this week.

Respond to this message   

Mike
(Login shakenbake69)
AR&P

Bryon, What part of Country do

April 17 2017, 7:35 AM 

you live in? If near me, I have a Cricket and a Daystate XL with full Huggett. You can shoot both.

Respond to this message   
Bryan Hall
(Login texasair)
YF

I'm in

April 17 2017, 9:17 AM 

Texas. Just west of Lubbock zip 79358. Not many airgunners out here ha! That a very generous offer. Thanks

Respond to this message   

Birdo
(Login Birdo22)
YF12

You mentioned brocock

April 17 2017, 9:26 PM 

I have a compatto bantam in 177, and it's been great. The 177 get 140 shots per fill and the 22 is supposed to get 70.
With Daystate hardware, it doesn't need a regulator.
It a semi bullpup / carbine.

Had I not been a lefty, I would have got a regal xl at the ridiculous price $999

This message has been edited by Birdo22 on Apr 17, 2017 9:33 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.