<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question for all of you perfectionists, Any recommendation for stock repair refinish guru

April 18 2017 at 10:51 AM

eagleeye   (Login samandar35)
YC

in US? I have read few posts on yellow and also wanted to ask again if any of you have had good experience getting your stock repaired and or refinished for reasonable cost. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
klentz
(Login klentz)
AR&P

That's easy, DOUG PHILLIPS.

April 18 2017, 11:27 AM 

He repaired many of my stocks. He is not only experienced but gifted. Go onto the Dealer BOI (DBOI) and read some of the reviews about Doug's excellent work. Here's a link to his website:

http://www.damagedwoodstocks.info/

Respond to this message   

eagleeye
(Login samandar35)
YC

I just did and it looks good what he does.

April 18 2017, 1:33 PM 

Luckily no need to repair anything it is just few pressure dents and refinishing that I need to get in touch with him about.
Thanks Klentz for the link.
The prices I have checked else where some are sky rocketing for refinishing only and if the the stock is chequered then it would be twice as much. Well I would still appreciate other thoughts or suggestions.

Respond to this message   

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
AR&P

David Slade's son

April 18 2017, 1:46 PM 

Did a very fair job on my FWB. I don't know if he is formally in that business or not, but you could inquire.

Respond to this message   
doug phillips
(Login jdphill)
YF

Hey Kevin! ----

April 18 2017, 6:00 PM 

I am so glad to hear from one of the OG members. I was beginning to think I was one of the last ole Dinosaurs left on the 'Post to Reply' screen.
Hope you are doing well.
doug,P.
History IS the Preview of the Future, don't forget Any!
http://www.DamagedWoodStocks.Info
doug,P.

Respond to this message   
Klentz
(Login klentz)
AR&P

Thanks Doug. Bless you for all you do. It's apparent

April 19 2017, 11:51 PM 

From the minimal amount that you charge for your master craftsmanship that this is a labour of love by you certainly not a profit center. It's rare on forums like this one that you witness a "pile on" for approval of anyone's work so I view this as a testimony for your many talents. I don't give unwarranted praises. I'm too old for that

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

Doug Phillips has one of my stocks right now

April 18 2017, 2:19 PM 

A VERY nice individual, he seems unintimidated by my requests- degrease 40 years of oil and grime to lighten the wood (color), touch-up damaged checkering and clean-up checkering borders, attach a grip-cap and shape it to my preferences (using the Cocobolo rosewood I supplied), and refinish the stock to my (satin luster) preference.

Doug also gave me a firm, REASONABLE price and turn-around estimate based on our conversation and excellent photos I sent of my stock. He's very communicative, agreeable and expert at what he does.

Respond to this message   

eagleleye
(Login samandar35)
YC

Doug Phillips, Thank you Ron and much appreciated

April 18 2017, 4:05 PM 

everybody else 's input. I would most definitely email him with the photos to get a quote and take it from there since he has been approved for quality work and customer satisfaction.

Respond to this message   

Robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

Joe Rhea , nt

April 18 2017, 3:02 PM 

Respond to this message   
Mike (revoman)
(Login revoman)
YF12

Definately Doug Phillips

April 18 2017, 8:50 PM 

he did a shotgun stock for me that was an absolute nightmare of a fix. All in good time with reasonable pricing.
I would go to Doug anytime I have a stock issue.
Great communication and excellent work/craftsmanship.

Respond to this message   
Mark B
(Login 1900colt)
YF

Another vote for Doug!

April 19 2017, 7:43 PM 

He did a couple of my airgun stocks.
One was a real disaster...both turned out great and I was super happy!

Respond to this message   
eric
(Login EzyE)
YC

Another plug for Doug

April 19 2017, 9:16 PM 

I've sent two busted stocks to Doug and when they came back I was amazed. Fast turn-a-round time as well.

Respond to this message   
Motorman
(Login Motorman48)
YF12

Yet another voice for DOUG!!!

April 23 2017, 11:33 PM 

Doug worked magic on a pre-war Haenel pistol stock for me a few months ago. Fairly priced. Sent me photos as it progressed. Came out wonderfully! HIGHLY recommend DOUG PHILLIPS!

Motorman
St. Louis, MO

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.