<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Still waiting for my pellets, FedEx delivered my package to the wrong,

April 19 2017 at 10:31 AM
James Perotti  (Login jpsaxnc)
AR&P

town. All the shipping information from the seller was correct, so now I'm SOL.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

If you paid by credit card, you always have the option of disputing the charge.

April 19 2017, 10:47 AM 

To avoid the chargeback, the seller will probably choose to go after FedEx or ship new pellets.
Steve

Respond to this message   
James Perotti
(Login jpsaxnc)
AR&P

FedEx says they'll go back and try to recover my package,

April 19 2017, 11:00 AM 

the seller had all the correct shipping information on the package, so it's not the seller's problem.

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

If you paid by credit card, and the seller doesn't have proof you received the package...

April 19 2017, 11:11 AM 

...then you should be be able to get your money back. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Steve

Respond to this message   
James Perotti
(Login jpsaxnc)
AR&P

The dealer I bought the pellets from has been in contact,

April 19 2017, 11:34 AM 

with FedEx. The FedEx rep. just called me to say, that she will call me again on the 21st. to see if I got my package. I hope she doesn't call back, I don't think I could stand the run around anymore.

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

If you don't mind saying, did you pay with a CC? nt

April 19 2017, 11:39 AM 

Steve

Respond to this message   
James Perotti
(Login jpsaxnc)
AR&P

Yes, CC, The dealer will make it good, if I don't get my package,

April 19 2017, 2:44 PM 

so that's not a problem. FedEx got a signature from the person that got my package, so everyone knows I didn't get it.

Respond to this message   
doug phiillips
(Login jdphill)
YF

Fed Ex it is------- NOT!--

April 19 2017, 3:23 PM 

Sounds like the delivery person signed for it himself.
It's a special service they use for trusted customers only. (Not so LOL?)
I've tried them ALL, including DHL, UPS, FedEX, and my Best Results have been with USPS.
For one thing they Deliver 7 days a week. No weekends off in the delivery holding barn.
The quicker it gets to you, the less time it has to get into trouble, especially over the weekend.
I prefer the USPS Priority 3 Day Delivery service. I purchase an extra $300 insurance. It's the only way I ship now.
doug,P.
History IS the Preview of the Future, don't forget Any!
http://www.DamagedWoodStocks.Info
doug,P.

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login TwiceHorn)
YF12

+1

April 20 2017, 10:04 AM 

For all the grief USPS gets, it really does a pretty good job (especially considering the volume of stuff it handles). For small packages, I'm generally happy with 1st Class, Priority for larger.

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

That, at least, is good news! nt

April 19 2017, 4:44 PM 

Steve

Respond to this message   

Randy Stratman
(Login randy_68)
YC

This happened to me

April 19 2017, 12:59 PM 

About a month ago. I called PA to figure out what went wrong and was told they did everything right but FedEx screwed up. The package went from Ohio to Louisville then to Maine and then back to Indiana to me. Took almost two weeks before I got my order and the box looked like they kicked it all the way here. But no pellets were damaged.

Respond to this message   
James Perotti
(Login jpsaxnc)
AR&P

My package had been here in NC, since Monday of last week,

April 19 2017, 2:52 PM 

I got a delivery notice for Tuesday of last week, no show, a notice for Wednesday, no show, a notice for Thursday, no show. I called FedEx Friday, the rep. said I would get the package Tuesday this week and they would call to be sure I got it, no package, and no call. To me this is fraud!

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

Fraud would be closer to what UPS did to me a few weeks back.

April 19 2017, 4:47 PM 

They claimed to have delivered a package to my house but hadn't! Luckily for me, McMasterCarr immediately shipped a replacement on nothing but my say-so.

As incompetent as FedEx is being, at least they're telling the truth about screwing up and delivering to the wrong address in spite of having been told the correct one. UPS never 'fessed up to anything.
Steve

This message has been edited by pneuguy on Apr 19, 2017 4:50 PM

Respond to this message   
Bob,Fl
(Login aimtru)
YF12

Re: Fraud would be closer to what UPS did to me a few weeks back.

April 20 2017, 7:40 PM 

Hold on there Steve before you give FEDEX the award for truthfulness, 3 Weeks ago FedEx could not locate my parcel that I shipped to a well known tuner in Idaho. They said that it was delivered on Saturday as scheduled but in truth it was delivered that following Tuesday. Every FedEx Rep that I spoke with had a different story or explanation, however some may call it lying.

Ironically, today my Leupold scope that I won in a bid on EBay ended up in Woodstock, GA. The seller lives in Florida like I do and our cities are 142 miles apart. WOW !! Unbelievable!! This package was shipped USPS. At this point I don't know if the weak link is the seller or USPS.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

this is crazy

April 19 2017, 5:44 PM 

you could have driven to pyramid air on a donkey by now

Respond to this message   
James Perotti
(Login jpsaxnc)
AR&P

I finally got my package from FedEx. This time they got it,

April 21 2017, 12:19 PM 

within one block of my house, they left it at the Elementary School up the road. The school called to let me know it was there.

This message has been edited by jpsaxnc on Apr 21, 2017 12:20 PM

Respond to this message   
scottro
(Login scottgg)
YF

Was it Fed Ex Ground?

April 21 2017, 8:24 PM 

Around here, I've found them to be very hit and miss. I think their drivers are contractors and may be part-timers.

A few years back I got the notice that my package (containing 3 RWS 34s) had been delivered. Within 1/2 hr of getting the msg, I went home from work and the box was nowhere to be found. I walked around the cul-de-sac and it wasn't on any neighbors' porches either.

I called Fed Ex, and they explained that it would take 10-30 days to figure out what happened. I said that the driver was probably still on the road and asked if they could please call him. Again, I got the 10-30 day explanation. I got ticked-off at that point and told the lady that there were guns in the package and if they got delivered to the wrong house or were used in a crime, it would be Fed Ex's responsibility and probably hers personally since it was still possible to contact the driver and she was choosing not to.

She put me on hold for awhile then connected me to the local dispatcher. The dispatcher said it seemed fishy and he would call the driver (who was a contractor) and find out if he ever even went to my house in the first place. (??!) This was approximately 4:30PM. At about 6:00 I got a call from a guy who identified himself as the driver and said he'd accidentally scanned my package "delivered" but only realized the mistake when the dispatcher called. If I'd be home, he'd bring the package by at about 8.

At 8, a beater old Chevy pickup pulled up and the guy gave me my package... 'Very weird.

I'm guessing either the guy was knocking off work early and just scanned everything oh his truck delivered, or he was trying to steal my stuff.

It was very weird. I've been leery of Fed Ex Ground ever since.

Glad you got your stuff!

Respond to this message   
James Perotti
(Login jpsaxnc)
AR&P

Yes, FedEx ground. You would think they had something like a tom tom

April 21 2017, 10:57 PM 

in the truck. My house is right on the side of the road, with large address numbers. You can't not see it, but the driver drops my package off a block away. To me that's weird, for the same reasons.

Respond to this message   
scottro
(Login scottgg)
YF

Not sure they can "call it a day" til all the packages are "signed for"

April 21 2017, 11:36 PM 

He probably just offloaded a bunch at the school, so he wouldn't have to spend the time delivering to the real addressees, or did it by mistake and didn't care.

If the driver scans the package and says it was left at your door, apparently he can drop it anywhere.... or keep it. Then when you get home and it's not there, you have to make a claim. "Must have been stolen from your doorstep."

I think I only got my package back because I reported it missing within an hr of the alleged drop-off time.

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

How hard would it be to include a GPS coordinate along with...

April 22 2017, 12:29 AM 

...the driver's log of each delivery? Answer: Cake.

Therefore, if the carriers aren't already doing this, then they just don't give a damn.
Steve

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.