<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Left hand walnut/thumb-hole or LRT stock for RAW?

May 15 2017 at 8:01 PM

NormanR  (Login blackdiesel)
YF12

I have a RAW HM1000x with a right=hand walnut stock. I shoot left-handed and I'm trying to decide if I should order a left hand stock like the one on the gun or the LRT stock which is ambidextrous. I know a left hand stock would be harder to sell if I decide to move the gun later, but I don't see that happening, plus I have the right hand stock too, so that would make it a mute point. What are your opinions?

This message has been edited by blackdiesel on May 15, 2017 8:29 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Griff1950
(Login Griff1950)
YF

Re: Left hand walnut/thumb-hole or LRT stock for RAW?

May 15 2017, 11:15 PM 

No question, since you already have the right-hander, go with the lefty. You'll be glad you did.

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

May 16 2017, 5:44 AM 

Selling a lefty rifle,especially a RAW, is never difficult. You'll really never get the most out of your rifle shooting a right-hand stock lefty. I'd opt for a left-hand sporter stock if you're going to carry it around. I think the LRT is more of a bench/bipod stock.

This message has been edited by garczar on May 16, 2017 9:36 AM

Respond to this message   

NormanR
(Login blackdiesel)
YF12

May 16 2017, 12:19 PM 

That's my thinking also. I have a son who is rt handed so I will probably keep both so when he inherit the gun he will havea stock that fits him.

Respond to this message   

Craig in WI
(Login hoyceg75)
YC

I really like this stock in lefty

May 17 2017, 5:26 AM 

Spent Saturday shooting my 30 cal HM1000X, had a 1 in deep well socket spray painted out at 67 yards at the tree line laser measured from the pic a nic table. Too ez to hit.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.