<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Glad to be back and some questions

May 15 2017 at 10:21 PM
Josh3rd  (Login josh3rd)
YF12

After being severely injured from a hit and run driver and a 6 month hiatus, I'm proud to be back and a part of this forum. On top of all this, I became a proud owner of not just 1 amazing Airgun but two. The Air Arms Pro Sport in 177cal and a RWS 54 Air King in 22cal. Any and all opinions, suggestions and recommendations from ammo, holds, accessories or what have you...please tell me.

When taking off an air arms Pro Sport stock is there a certain type of way to remove the trigger guard since one screw is bigger than the other? Meaning do I take out the screw in front of the trigger first or last when taking the gun out the stock. and what about when I'm replacing the gun back into the stock.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Glad you are back, Josh. I remember hearing about your accident. Your sister

May 16 2017, 6:22 AM 

posted about it:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1467915249

An Air Arms Pro Sport?! Only one of, if not THE best looking springer out there, IMHO. Truly a "real rifle" looking airgun with that hidden lever. I love the chamfers on each side of the forend. I saw a youtube vid where they were shooting one out at 100 yards & doing well with it. It's one of the airguns I've always wanted. Someday...

An AirKing Model 54?! Only one of, if not THE best looking springer out there, IMHO....LOL! Seriously, I was a Diana 52 shooter early on, so the 54 has always captivated me. Accuracy enhancing recoil reduction like a FWB300S, power of a Diana 48 / 52...what's not to like? Many shooter are impressed with that designs shooting characteristics. I've heard them described as a springer with pcp like characteristics.

Again, glad to see you are back. You're proof you can't keep a good airgunner down!
db

This message has been edited by Diamondback on May 16, 2017 6:22 AM

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Thanks db nt

May 16 2017, 8:12 AM 

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

54 keeps tempting me to sell everything else. Welcome back.

May 16 2017, 12:06 PM 

Put any crappy LDC on the 54 and it'll sound a lot nicer.

This message has been edited by gratewhitehuntr on May 16, 2017 12:07 PM

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Thanks john in fl nt

May 16 2017, 6:40 PM 

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
(Select Login MScottLeeman)
YF12

I responded to Your other message on the same topics,don't know where it went. nt

May 16 2017, 2:32 PM 

Respond to this message   
josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

MikefromMidland

May 16 2017, 7:22 PM 

If and when possible, could you please retry to post what you have wanted me to read. Much appreciated.

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
YF12

Re: D54 & Pro Sport...

May 16 2017, 10:23 PM 

First off,let me say that I'm glad Your back and recovering! As for the Pro-Sport,When I reassemble the rifle I 1st start the 4 side bolts followed by sensibly tightening the small rear trigger guard bolt followed by the larger front bolt.Mine is .177 as well and I installed a Vortek 12 ft. lb. kit in it with a single spacer (Which is really just a washer.)It's right at 11.8 ft. lbs. with its favorite pellet,the JSB 4.52/8.44.The rifle is dead nuts accurate and the shot cycle is Amazing! The power level is plenty good enough for all my needs (Pest control,small game hunting and target work.)I Had the SHO kit for a while and just switched the spring for the 12 lb PG2 spring. I don't foresee changing it as it's just a well balanced,wonderful overall experience! As far as the .22 Diana 54 TO6 (Great Trigger,btw!)I installed the Vortek SHO PG2 o'ring piston seal kit,added Maccarri "Old School" delrin buttons on the rear of the piston skirt and de-burred the receiver...ect. Another Fantastic shooter! The Only regret is not buying this rifle sooner...I Simply Love it!!Great off the bench and bipod. I use JSB 18.1's with excellent results. Welcome Back and God Bless! ...Mike

Respond to this message   
josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Awesome Mike

May 17 2017, 2:38 AM 

I feel so flooded with all the talk about the rail/sledge system of the 54. Then it needing some type of "o" ring installed and a washer for the ball detent. Hopefully I repeated everything right. I do know that when I cock it and aim up in a tree the the 54 slides back towards me. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. Have you had any type of situation like that? And as asked above, do you know anything about the o ring and ball detent stuff? Much appreciated brother. Ttyl

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
YF12

OK,You asked for it!

May 17 2017, 6:21 PM 

Here is what "I" have done.I tried the "extra o'ring" on the front slide but i couldn't get it to work for me,so off it came.What I Did add were 2 same size o'rings to the Rear of the Rear pins (As the single o'ring forward set up) to hopefully reduce any possible recoil slam. As far as the detent tension,I have it set to hold the action in place regardless of the incline/shooting angle but loose enough that a firm bump to the butt of the gun allows it to release.You Don't want the action to slide rearward prior to your shot as this negates the advantage of having the sled system...and You WILL NOT hit your POA!Now,this setup works Great,for ME but I'm sure others will have different ways/ideas. I have a Good amount of faith and respect for the engineers who devised this setup.The popularity of the 54 is a testament to it's design.Like Yourself,I was wondering what the detent tension SHOULD be,and tried the advice of several good folks prior to settling on this.The o'rings I added were my idea and have no real effect on accuracy but the way it's set-up is PERFECT...for ME! Hope this is helpful to Ya! ...Mike.

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
YF12

May have mixed up...

May 17 2017, 7:42 PM 

Whatever the position of the forward rail o ring,I duplicated it in the rear rail with the two of the same size. Sorry,I was out in the heat all day shoveling stone and I didn't feel like disassembling the rifle...blame it on a brain fart! LOL

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

O rings

May 18 2017, 8:56 AM 

So you have 2 I rings on those 2 brass colored pins then?

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
YF12

One on each,in the same manner as the forward arrangement.

May 18 2017, 9:02 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.