<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Benjamin Marauder - Relocating Air Gauge

May 16 2017 at 9:14 AM
Al  (Login aechong)
YF

I am planning to help a friend to install a regulator and I am thinking on using the same air gauge hole to install a Huma reg with gauge at that location. That will give him a constant reading of the regulated air. But we need a gauge to read the air tube pressure.

Is there a way to install a front gauge similar to the ones found in the Cricket or Hatsan tubes with a fill adapter?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sean M
(Login smcdaniel8190)
YF12

My .02...

May 16 2017, 9:43 AM 

I had the Robert Lane installed in my Marauder, which then caused the regulator to show the regulated pressure. While this is nice to adjust the regulated pressure it was then rendered useless as I had no idea how much air I had left while shooting.

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login aechong)
YF

Yes, that is the point ...

May 16 2017, 10:42 AM 

My friend wants to have 2 gauges. One for the regulator and another for the pressure tube.

Respond to this message   
Sean M
(Login smcdaniel8190)
YF12

May 16 2017, 10:53 AM 

But the only time the regulated pressure gauge will tell you anything is when it has stopped working by going below the regulated pressure at which point it will match the tube pressure gauge.

I just don't see the point in seeing both regulated and tube pressure.

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login aechong)
YF

FX guns have it ....

May 16 2017, 11:02 AM 

My FX Impact has it and I always double check to see if the reg is working or if I want to adjust the air pressure.

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Why not just order another factory gauge setup & install it somewhere

May 16 2017, 2:48 PM 

closer to the muzzle?

Drill the hole & clean it up, push the gauge block with it's orings into position in the tube, & install the gauge. Done happy.gif

The hole you drill in the tube will not see any high pressure, due to the gauge block & orings, just like the factory setup.

Or maybe I'm missing something?
--------------------------

Diamondback

Truth is Stranger than Fiction..... wink.gif

This message has been edited by Diamondback on May 16, 2017 2:55 PM

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login aechong)
YF

Good Idea....

May 16 2017, 4:10 PM 

Not sure my friend wants to drill another hole thru the stock, but doable. Thks.

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Actually, he could position the gauge way out front so he doesn't have

May 16 2017, 4:59 PM 

to drill through the stock, just the air tube.

He could also install the second gauge block, but put the male quick connect in it instead of a gauge, then put a gauge at the end of the airtube, where the male quick connect is from the factory.

I do like the idea of a gauge at the end of the tube, with a fill port along side it, like some airguns have.
--------------------------

Diamondback

Truth is Stranger than Fiction..... wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Alan
(Login AlanMcD)
YF

I have seen it done easily with a T fitting in the fill port, but I ask "why bother"

May 16 2017, 4:05 PM 

In my book there is no good approach that leaves the gun "clean" in terms of looks without reverting to a non-foster fill port, but it clearly can be done if one wanted to. I just don't know why anyone would bother . . .

I have regulated my .22 and .25 Marauders, and have no issues with having the gauge read only regulated pressure. With my set up and tune, I know I get 4 mags of shooting in the .22, and 3 mags with the .25 - I simply refill after counting to either 4 or 3, as the case may be (also, I have three mags for the .25, so when they are empty the gun needs refilled too).

If I lose count while shooting, I refill the gun before putting it away and it is good to go next time. If I loose count while shooting, I can tell when it is off the regulator by the change in sound, and/or I can confirm it with the gauge that reads regulated pressure.

Having lived with it, I really don't think a second gauge is of any practical value - but I will admit that back when I put the regulator in, I did think I was really going to miss having a gauge that reads the unregulated pressure. I quickly learned it was not needed at all - I would like one if it fit in well with the gun, but not as an add on, and certainly not at the expense of pressure tube volume (by having to add the gauge block back in the tube for a nicely fitted gauge in the stock.

Respond to this message   

Lonnie S:
(Login AirSmithCA)
YF

And yet sonehow it works with no guages too.....

May 18 2017, 10:01 AM 

My Daystate MK3 has no air pressure gauges. I just fill it to the desired air pressure according to the guage on my air tank and shoot 40-50shots. Works great, no concerns, no fuss, most accurate a dependable rifle I've owned.

Been considering doing the same with my Mrod. But my old Audrius shorty Reg stills works to good to justify changing it out for the longer version...someday.
"It doesn't get done til someone does it"

This message has been edited by AirSmithCA on May 18, 2017 10:05 AM

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login aechong)
YF

Does the end tube assembly has ...

May 17 2017, 7:38 AM 

... an air filter? While I kinda like the idea of putting the gauge up front where the fill nipple is, by installing the fill nipple at the gauge block will allow unfiltered air get into tge tube. Or not?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.