<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

My Hill MKIII is hard to push down, and handle raises up

May 16 2017 at 3:29 PM
JD  (Login JamesDingle777)

when I release the pressure valve. Any idea what O-ring is messing up? I have the instructions. This sucks. I need a new micron filter also, but I took that out until I get a new one. It was pumping to 2K but now nothing. It was pumping to 2K without the micron filter.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John in Ma
(Login jroh1)

Check valve oring, the little green one.

May 16 2017, 3:35 PM 

Respond to this message   
JD
(Login JamesDingle777)

IT's brand new. I have a chart if anyone can give an O-ring # N/T

May 16 2017, 8:53 PM 

Respond to this message   
smythsg
(Login smythsg)
YF12

Hill Pump O Ring

May 16 2017, 10:15 PM 

The item 19 O-Ring is the one I replaced that cured the same problem on my MK3.

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

OK, Thank you. I replaced #19, but now it's hard to pull up

May 17 2017, 8:53 AM 

I wish I fully understood these pumps. Any help is appreciated before a order a full $35.00 kit with new micron filter. a full service kit is $14.95 from our one O-ring sponsor, and a service kit is like $9.60

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

Anyone have a link to a full rebuild video and explanation of

May 17 2017, 10:08 AM 

what bad rings cause what kinds of problems?

This message has been edited by JamesDingle777 on May 17, 2017 11:26 AM

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

When this happened with my ebay cheapo it was actually

May 17 2017, 11:42 AM 

water in the pump.
Opened the bleeder screw and pumped a bunch of water out, no problems since.

I'm not trying to say that a name brand high dollar pump might have the same, just relating my experience.
Particularly the part about being hard to pull up.

Respond to this message   
JD
(Login JamesDingle777)

I appreciate it John. No water though. Can anyone get me in touch with Otis Loper

May 17 2017, 1:11 PM 

as I'd like to see if he can get ahold of certain things not offered by anyone. Cone spring particularly. I will be ordering a full rebuild kit. I'd like to buy from Otis as his are $14.95 but no micron filter, which I do need. That kit is $40.00. $25.00 for a small filter, really?
So Otis, please call if you see this 1-5seven0-9seven7-11four9 jamesdingle18@yahoo.com

If I can't talk to you, I'm going to have to just buy the more expensive kit from another dealer that does offer the micron filter. I don't think that it being out is the problem though, as it got up to 2K without it. Some other ring is failing. I'm off to the hardware store with my incomplete 1:1 scale directions. They don't have every O-ring on the chart. I don't get it.
Anyone know how to get any Hill part needed directly from Hill or Stateside dealer? I only have a cell phone so if I need to call internationally, I'd need instructions as to how to do that. Thanks in advance.

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

Ok, been playing with it. It sounds perfect when not connected to rifle

May 17 2017, 2:28 PM 

but when I attach the hose via foster fitting I get NO drawl on the up stroke and very little resistance on down stroke. Then handle raises 1/2 way up. I'm going to order a complete new kit but I'd love to understand what the actual problem is here if anyone can help point it out. Thanks in advance for any info.

Respond to this message   
JD
(Login JamesDingle777)

Ordered rebuild kit from Otis and micron filter from Pyramyd

May 17 2017, 4:54 PM 

If this doesn't fix it, I'll be looking at a G6 or new Brute. Whoever has all parts easily accessible. That's the only thing I wish Hill had going on. Better customer service. I noticed even the full rebuild kit does NOT come with every O-ring in pump. Specifically #15, it's not in kit but shown on rebuild diagram. If anyone knows metric or OO size of this #15 internal ring, please let me know.
Also, out of these 2 new pumps, The G6 and Brute, who can recommend one over the other for ease of parts accessibility?

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

I have found large o-ring kits to be indispensable. At first the cost hurts, but 27 rings

May 18 2017, 12:10 AM 

later you'll see the value.

This message has been edited by gratewhitehuntr on May 18, 2017 12:12 AM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.