<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ordered 2 pistols

May 16 2017 at 3:56 PM
melloairman  (Login melloairman)
YF12

A 2300T yesterday and after reading a old post Of Steve's about the 1701P I ordered one of those today .Both from PA. The 2240 started to leak out the barrel so it got mailed to Crosman for warranty repair .Marvin

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tommy
(Login shambozzie)
YF12

You will love the 1701p. Just finish modding mine as following. ......

May 16 2017, 5:07 PM 

1.installed 1720 tp .067
2.install bstaley mod 3 #113 orings.
3.5 turns in from zero on hammer spring.
4.hammer throw at zero.
5.adj fps with hammer spring adj.
6.start pressure 3000 psi.adj as per chrony string.
7.chrony a must. Got 14 shots before chrony died. Jsb 8.4 (better bc then 7.9') @ average 670. Judging from poa drop should get 35/40 with tuning.mounted crosman stock and swfa 10x and it shoot one ragged hole @ 35. Need more speed. Drill larger hole in tp. Lots of testing to do.

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Other end of the scale (5 foot pounds)

May 16 2017, 6:48 PM 

Recentlty un-tuned mine back down to near original speeds as my intention it so use it as a pistol-pistol (offhand/iron sights).

Made a really nice little accuracte carbine when cranked up to about 12 foot pounds...short shot count (about 19-20 shots) but very accurate.

Better serves me as a pistol-pistol than a carbine-pistol (although I added a shroud and a new front sight, it's still your basic 1701).

photo 868858a6-d279-473c-bb40-99ef57000bc5.jpg

think you'll really apprecaite the 1701's accuracy. If you are power hungry, there is only so much you can do with a tiny air volume.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on May 16, 2017 6:48 PM

Respond to this message   
Tommy
(Login shambozzie)
YF12

Hey gubb33, drilling out stock .043 tp .075 and see what happen .

May 16 2017, 7:15 PM 

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Pass..been there....

May 16 2017, 7:33 PM 

Considering it's an open iron sight pistol, used as a pistol rather than scrunching up to it as if it were an "invisible stock scoped carbine", am going to keep it in the 5-6 foot pound range....that 20-25 yards is about as far as I can shoot open sights to a reasonable degree.

If I did want to crank it up, would also add a shoulder stock and a rifle scope...any doubt that a shoulder stock and rifle scope would improve absolute accuracy?

Respond to this message   
melloairman
(Login melloairman)
YF12

Well to, each his own

May 16 2017, 9:54 PM 

What drew me to the 1701 was the high shoot count and accuracy . The 2300T will get the power outlet conversion I had in the 2240 and be shoot on air . The 2240 was very conservative with air and tethered at 1000 psi shooting 8.5 grains at 500 fps . Put 2500 psi in a 3000 psi 62 ci bottle . Shoot 100 pellets and used 500 psi of air . I shoot a lot and like to conserve air as much as I can . I do have a compressor but it is still easier on me to conserve as much as I can . It takes a lot of air IMO to gain a few FPS . And at 10-20 yards I have no use in going that way . Marvin

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Only "critters" likely to be shot...

May 17 2017, 5:11 PM 

..are mice, a stray pest bird, and a couple of rather dumb snakes. None really needed more power. Even the tiny volume of the 1701 (and mine is an older 1700..not that it really makes a difference) has enough air on tap to make for a long shot count at that energy level.

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

Crosman pistols

May 17 2017, 3:39 PM 

The 1701P is nice quality, wonderfully SIMPLE, reliable and serviceable, and will shoot with ANYTHING at any price, for a fraction of the price of anything that will shoot with IT!

[linked image]

Suffice to say the 2300 is Crosman's contemporary Co2 pistol... but there are plenty of after-market options available. A good (inexpensive) gun to learn basic airgun-smithing on (read that, parts are cheap and readily available).

Respond to this message   
m
(Login melloairman)
YF12

Crosman pistols

May 17 2017, 10:08 PM 

You have some good looking pistols . I have been looking at a lot of pistols . And with the failures I have had as of late decided I would have to step up some . But the issues I have had made me think about a few things . CO2 and HPA have fewer parts to fail . Some of these imported pistols have no available repair parts . And some of their dealers do not return calls before the purchase so IMO the chances of them being there after the purchase is slim . And I see that many require work right out of the box before they can be used . Yes I had two P17 fail but I had no problem with getting a full refund . I had a 2240 fail but Crosman answered the phone and said send it to use and we will repair it . Yes I could have bought a valve and o ring kit and dealt with it .But let them deal with it why I shoot something else . And yes the parts and service people are all over this planet . I have over 15 BB rifles and close to half of them are after market built [ note I did not say custom ] . And were are their builders today if I need something . Well I did not want to spend this type of money because I hope to move soon and begin to shoot the BB again . But I guess I just jumped into the pistol thing with both feet . But I am going to try and stay with production pistols . And ones that have a good supply of factory and after market parts available . And at this point in time I think Crosman has a line of pistols that meet my needs and are in my price range as well as meet my accuracy requirements . Marvin

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.