<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rebuilding two FWB 124D's

May 18 2017 at 8:18 AM
Bill Zizzi  (Login bzizzi373)
YF

Rebuilding two FWB124D's, one low on power and shoots erratic
The other would cock and not Fire at all and actually had pellet stuck in barrel.
After tearing both down it was apparent that both had bad piston seals, the one was totally
disintegrated. Both guns getting thutough cleaning and deburred, trigger jobs, JM Pro Mac Kits, new safety springs
and correct lubes.
I already finished one and shoots 7.9 CP's
@ 855 fps and is laser accurate. I'm talking dime size groups at 50 yards in dead calm conditions.
The other is waiting on JM kit, wanted to install one first and see how gun turned out.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mike Ellingsworth
(Login 4888blues)
YF12

Finally made it to the bench, shes all better now :) what awesome rifles. NT

May 18 2017, 9:12 AM 

Respond to this message   
Tommy
(Login shambozzie)
YF12

+1 on accuracy. Jsb 8.4 (better bc then 7.9) for down range ump.....

May 18 2017, 10:35 AM 

@ 860 ragged hole @ 50 yds.On dead calm day have poped baloons & tumbled plastic coke bottles @ 100 yds with my A game.Amazing accuracy from a springer.

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

What spring................??

May 18 2017, 10:43 AM 

What spring are you using to get that velocity with 8.4's?

Respond to this message   
Tommy
(Login shambozzie)
YF12

Bill, gun tuned by David Slade. He use special springs from Germany. Nice thud.

May 18 2017, 11:09 AM 

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: Bill, gun tuned by David Slade. He use special springs from Germany. Nice thud.

May 18 2017, 11:17 AM 

Very impressive. Thanks for sending the info.

Respond to this message   
Bill Zizzi
(Login bzizzi373)
YF

Accuracy

May 18 2017, 10:44 AM 

The best part about these FWB guns is pellet accuracy, most pellets shoot pretty accurate unlike HW guns that are more pellet fussy.
My gun also likes 8.6 gr FTS.

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login Houlihan54)
YF12

Hey Bill sounds like the rifle is shooting to specs with that kit - pellet combo. Question

May 18 2017, 2:05 PM 

You mention trigger job, this has me intrigued, and have to ask if you have some special magic you perform on these triggers. These triggers are quite simple in design and not aware what can be done to modify yet those who have the "Trigger Man" (David Slade) work on their triggers are very pleased. Fwb's One of the finer springs even to date!!

Cheers

Respond to this message   
Bill
(Login bzizzi373)
YF

Trigger

May 18 2017, 2:48 PM 

I use a ruby stone to polish sear shelf and in some cases change spring.

Respond to this message   
Patrick
(Login pat601)
YF12

I love it when a Feinwerbau is revived...

May 19 2017, 12:48 AM 

to shoot another day....my $80 yard sale FWB 124 seemed trashed till a JM spring and seals arrived...this "junker" out shot every HW in my stable(R1s, R7s, R 8)...I believe that was IMO, because the 124 is in no way hold sensitive...I just hold it like any powde gun I own...from a solid rest, I too experienced dime size groups at 40 and 50 yds too often to just be lucky fluke groups...
There are currently 8 various FWBs residing at this address...down from a high of 12....
I have yet to own a FWB gun that had to go for lack of accuracy....any that left here left because I simply have too many and no other reason.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.