<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

pellet drop ??

May 25 2017 at 12:01 AM
Ter55409  (Login Ter1955409)
YF12

Long time center fire shooter and just getting started with air! I am shooting Diablo 25 cal 25.39 grains at about 750 fps, zero at 10 yards. Can anyone give me trajectory drops to 100 yards by 10 yard increments? thanks Ter55409

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

To be really useful, would need one more number.

May 25 2017, 12:03 AM 

The exact (as close as you can get) height of the scope center to the bore center.

Even then, you just be guessing that the published BC of that pellet was something close to the rear-wold BC of the pellet out of your barrel...but they are often pretty close.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on May 25, 2017 12:05 AM

Respond to this message   
Ter55409
(Login Ter1955409)
YF12

Thank-you

May 25 2017, 12:40 AM 

I know you need that I just forgot sorry!! I'd say 2" as the scope is on a high set of rings!! I really know how to do this for center fire but my Sierra data will not do pellets. Thanks! This PCP air rifle is really interesting and I am just learning! I have some really high end 22 long rifles and this pellet rifle will out do all of them! I went threw a 500# pellet tin last weekend with my 22 FX with maybe 75% hits on picket pins out to 75 Yards.The field is just loaded with pins. I'm just starting with a 25 cal hoping for a little more range.Thanks again Ter55409

Respond to this message   
Will Piatt
(Login saddlemountaingunsmith)
YF

Download Chairgun from Hawke

May 25 2017, 5:46 AM 

Its free

Respond to this message   

Gary in FL
(Login GLPalinkas)
YF12

Details

May 25 2017, 8:26 AM 

Excellent advice so far from very experienced airgunners but if you need more detail like a new airgunners might:

Chairgun is a airgun ballistics calculator available for smartphones, ipad type devices. They also have a computer version. All require more exact scope height than what you stated and there are ways to measure that.

I personally use a paid program that you may be familiar with because it is also used by powder burners. Strelok Pro.

Check them all out and you will find the answers to your questions. Truly a fascinating sport we have here.

This message has been edited by GLPalinkas on May 25, 2017 1:15 PM

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

Ok, gotta ask....

May 25 2017, 12:53 PM 

how did you decide to set your zero at 10 yards?

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: Ok, gotta ask....

May 25 2017, 1:05 PM 

Kinda wondering same thing. Took a quik look at CG and at 750fps with a 35yd zero the point-blank range is from 9 to 40yds(1" kz). At 60yds. you'll be about 5" low.
"\"\""

This message has been edited by garczar on May 25, 2017 1:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Ter55409
(Login Ter1955409)
YF12

My indoor range

May 25 2017, 1:28 PM 

I had just received my 25 cal rifle and only had time to use my indoor range which is 10 yards and was looking for an approximate setting to start on shooting pins. I'll be out this afternoon and do a better job of getting a zero! Approximate is better than nothing sometime! Thanks for the input. My 22 with 15.39 Diablos is O.K. to about 75 yards. So may pins from 5 yards to the horizon! The field is only about 40 acres and is tight with limited field of fire. Thanks Ter55409

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Get this............................

May 25 2017, 2:10 PM 

http://www.hawkeoptics.com/chairgun.html Works good and FREE.
"\"\""

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

With a 2" scope height, that often works out...

May 25 2017, 7:58 PM 

..better than you'd first think for moderate to longish ranges.

Respond to this message   
Tim Ward
(Login lefteyeshot)
YF12

Not trying to answer--

May 26 2017, 11:40 AM 

your question. Just something me and a buddy did. We got a thin piece of plywood so the pellets would go thru and cut it to 4'x6' (8'wouldn't fit in his truck) covered it with 17"x12" shoot and see type splatter targets.

Aim at the top and you can really see the drop. Quick way to measure the drop. He shoots pcp and I shoot my 470th.

I usually zero at 25 yards. But the 470th shoots flat to 50 so I'm pretty much zeroed for 50 yards also. I re-zeroed so I was hitting bulls eyes at 50 yards with two mildots of hold under. Then at 100 yards I used two to three mildots of hold over. Seems to keep everything closer to the center of the sight picture. Fun stuff.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.