<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

First Small Game season in PA airguns are legal to hunt with.

June 15 2017 at 11:49 AM
LuckyStrike   (Login lee5868)
YF

Hello Guys and Gals,

How many of you fellow Pennsylvanians will be hunting small game with your airguns this year? Also post some pictures of the guns you will be using!

I will be exclusively hunting with an Airgun this year for small game. I am going to be using my recently acquired Sheridan Silver Streak.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim in Pa.
(Login millerman54)
YC

Way to go Pennsylvania

June 15 2017, 1:05 PM 

I don't hunt any more but it's great to see
Pennsylvania coming out of the Dark Ages...
Long time coming on some of their plans.

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)
AR&P

Now PA. just has to realize that an average Big Bore produces

June 15 2017, 1:41 PM 

4-6 times as many FTLBS as an arrow, is more easily shot by most, and can DEFINITELY humanely take Whitetail with body or head shots. I myself ONLY will shoot a Doe. I leave Trophy's to Men who may have the money to mount that head. I'd have to donate it or at most get some horns to rattle and a nice bleached skull.
A few of us have known Air Gun hunting was coming in to PA for over 1 year now. It's definitely been legalized and in the books. Must use a .22 or larger, only Varmints, small game, and furbearers so far as Game animals go.
I myself am thrilled. I'll be 56 when my newborn Boy turns 12, and 50 when my Daughter can finally hold her own next to me. She'll be with me at 10 for the experience. I don't expect to get anything those 2 years as it'll be non stop questions and answers. We'll be lucky to even hear a twig snap let alone see anything. If we're still here though and haven't downsized, I know these Deer like clockwork throughout the year so, maybe we'll get lucky. It's cute. She always draws pictures of Deer and an X where to aim. LOL.
PA is far behind. If they'd done this 10 years ago I'd have invested my 100K in an Air Gun shop with a good compressor and bank of tanks. Bought some impressive floor models and some affordable good ones and hoped I'd be in the small % of small businesses that don't fold in the first year. Maybe I'd have been better off with a metal machine shop and a small house. Could of's, should of's, etc. I'm just happy I can hunt again with something other than a bow.
I have some more to say, but I think I'll switch to P&R about those thoughts. Follow if you care to read.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.