<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Daisy 747 Replacement Sights

June 15 2017 at 5:31 PM

Joe  (Login Joe_58)
YF12

Hey guys -

Anyone know offhand if there are metal replacements sights for the 747, or ones off another gun, that'll fit? I have one on the way to replace one I had stolen years back, so I don't recall if they're in a dovetail or what right now.

The plastic ones on the 747 are a weak spot for me.

Thanks!

Joe

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Frank in Fairfield
(Login MRodDude)
YF12

747 Sights

June 15 2017, 7:47 PM 

Joe,
The 777 had metal sights.
The 747 and 717 share the same plastic sights.
You use a scope base designed for the IZH46M.
The a scope or a dot will do fine.
Daisy still provides sights for the 747

Respond to this message   

Joe
(Login Joe_58)
YF12

Re: 747 Sights

June 15 2017, 7:59 PM 

Right, thanks for the info. I was aware of that, and actually the one I have coming has a base and dot on it, but I want to go back to open sights, and was hoping there could be an upgrade out there.

Respond to this message   
michael wolfram
(Login marflow)
YF

one thing is the two piece body that make up the top

June 15 2017, 8:59 PM 

of the gun on the 747 and are different
so you would have to replace them and find the metal sights

so give a call to Daisy to first see if any of the parts are available

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233808

http://casualshooter.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-daisy-avanti-717-target-pistol.html

if you find the 777 parts let us know but that model seems to have disappeared parts wise
mike

Respond to this message   
michael wolfram
(Login marflow)
YF

i emailed Daisy, i will see what they send for a 777 parts

June 15 2017, 11:45 PM 

diagram and pricing

I myself have a 717-747-777 hybrid and would like to see myself if the sights are still available and the top clam shells but I'm not holding my breath
mike

Respond to this message   
Mugs
(Login gtyler)
YF

747 sights

June 16 2017, 11:21 AM 

Steve Martens makes some of the best sights for the 747. Contact him at smartensj@gmail.com

Mugs

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login DanWesson)
YF12

If you can find the metal rear sight for a Daisy 777

June 16 2017, 12:02 PM 

you will need to replace the front sight. The metal rear sight on a 777 is taller than the plastic version on the 717/747 models, thus, a taller front sight is required. I learned this after purchasing a used 777 where the point of impact was about 8" high at 10 meters. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why the pistol was shooting so high with the rear elevation set as low as possible. It was only after noticing a photo image on the internet I discovered the issue. That photo showed a 747 and a 777 side by side. The front sight on a 777 is taller.

JG Airguns may have some of these taller front sights in stock. That's who I contacted and he was able to hook me up with the proper front sight. You would need to specify the taller sight, however. When I was initially communicating with him he was unaware the 777 had a taller front sight than the 717/747 models. If you simply order the part from his website, you may end up with a 717/747 front sight.

Lastly, Mugs is correct about Steve Martens and his quality sights for the Daisy pistols. His sights are popular among air pistol silhouette shooters.

This message has been edited by DanWesson on Jun 16, 2017 12:12 PM

Respond to this message   

Joe
(Login Joe_58)
YF12

Tnx!

June 18 2017, 7:48 PM 

Appreciate the info....I'll check those two sources and see what I find out.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.