<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Is there some sort of table that can show which scope side

June 17 2017 at 6:28 PM
revoman (Mike)  (Login revoman)
YF12

wheel will fit which multiple scopes?

I mean I've seen some side wheels that I would like to buy, but am not sure that they will fit my scope. How does one know unless you happen to have the exact scope, or the same brand?

I'm assuming that this has been discussed before and some one out there has that table.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Mike

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Skip in WV
(Login SkipinWV)
YF12

A lot of sidewheels can be sized by their makers.

June 17 2017, 7:58 PM 

Respond to this message   
revoman (Mike)
(Login revoman)
YF12

So what you're saying is that no matter what, if a side

June 18 2017, 11:48 AM 

focus diameter of 1.5" on my scope, any 1.5" diameter larger wheel will fit?
I'm not so sure about that and would appreciate a little more information.
Anyone else have input on this?

Respond to this message   
Eric Sanders
(Login Eric_Sanders)
YF12

A few considerations..

June 18 2017, 10:37 PM 

A lot depends on the size of the wheel.
If the wheel is in the order of 4" diameter, you generally can get away with fitting the wheel to a larger variety of scope.
Above that and you have to be more concerned about clearances. Some scopes are narrow enough that the wheel may hit either the ring ear or your stock. I produced wheels that for some scopes I need to press fit in an extended hub in order to move the wheel out away from the scope in order to get the proper clearances.
Another thing to consider, but is much more rare is the set screw placement. You need to be sure that the set screws seat against the thicker part of the focus knob and not the thinner section where the stock yardages are marked.

Regards,
Eric Sanders
scope-werks.com

Respond to this message   
revoman (Mike)
(Login revoman)
YF12

Thats what I'm asking for, some usable information.

June 18 2017, 11:59 PM 

Looking for a 4" diameter wheel is okay, that's good information. Not sure about how to get the set screw information other than perhaps good pictures with good measurements though.
For instance I have a Verocity FFP Burris scope with a 30mm tube, I don't think that there are any issues in hitting the stock and certainly not with the magazine interference as that is on the right side and way rearward of the bolt/action.
How would I know which set screw location will work?

Respond to this message   
Eric Sanders
(Login Eric_Sanders)
YF12

Set screws..

June 19 2017, 8:38 AM 

More often than not you would be ok with the set screws. Most of my 4" wheels have the set screws setup around .34" away from the bottom of the mounting pocket. It's pretty rare for the stock focus knob to have a thin rim for a gripper surface. Looking at the dozens of different diameter centering buttons I have for holding the semi finished wheels to my mounting fixture, I'd say you are much more likely to have difficulty finding two scopes with the same diameter focus knob.
Eric
Scope-Werks.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.