<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rapid .25

June 17 2017 at 8:18 PM
DENNIS  (Login 2D1C)
YF12

I have been looking for a good used higher end gun ($1200.00) I see adds for the Rapid AZ tuned, At various price points. I love the look of these guns. Is there anything I need to be aware of before buying one?
Thanx in advance.

Dennis

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mike
(Login 491458)
YF12

Rapids

June 18 2017, 9:29 AM 

I'm a big fan of Rapids and AZ does amazing work. I think the only thing you have to worry about is wanting more than one.

Respond to this message   
CheckUrSix
(Login CheckUrSix)
YF12

+ Carrying ALL that Long Weight! n/t

June 18 2017, 2:16 PM 

This message has been edited by CheckUrSix on Jun 18, 2017 2:17 PM

Respond to this message   

Joe Brancato <>< AirTanksForSale.com
(Login n6yyo)
YC

I've cut mine collection of AZ Rapids to only one..........DOZEN!!!

June 19 2017, 3:44 PM 

Love them!!!!

This was my first part of the collection, most have been moved in and out of my collection:

IMG_8086.JPG

To receive notifications of the latest Airgun and How-To videos, and discounts and updates on my products, please "Like" my FaceBook page at
https://www.facebook.com/AirTanksForSale

Joe Brancato 714-907-0067

For AirTanks, Custom Hoses, Fittings, Gauges, etc.
please click here http://www.AirTanksForSale.com

[linked image][linked image]

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)
AR&P

A basic tuned and scoped AZ Rapid use to cost

June 18 2017, 10:22 AM 

$2700.00 I paid $3764.00 for a majorly modified .25 that was still from The original Factory stamped made in England. I NEVER should have let them go and NO one will ever pay what I did even though they were basically mint condition.
A new RAW is the SAME company and rifle except it comes with a quick fill, shroud, and gauge. The 3 most common things everyone sent their Rapid to AZ for.
If you get a RAW, it comes with everything for around $1800.00 and you can't beat that. You may still want a good scope professionally mounted and a target turret to dial in an exact POI out to 135 yards dead center cross hairs. Then you still have at least 4 Mil-dots.
You can dope your own target turret but he makes a very nice delrin one with a stop on it for $90.00, full scope printout and cost is more.
If you want an older AZ Rapid from England, make sure you are buying from a good member here, not a scammer. You can call AZ and see if he has any older Made In England ones available. If not he definitely knows someone who's selling something good.

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(Login 2D1C)
YF12

Re: A basic tuned and scoped AZ Rapid use to cost

June 18 2017, 1:26 PM 

Thank you James,
You response is very helpful. I made an offer on that is listed as AZ tuned. I have dug around a bit and found little on "AZ" There are some vids from the UK on tuned Theaben's by Robert Taylor I think?.
The person advertising is within 50 miles so I would go look at it. He wants $1500.00 says in been in the safe for "several" years so probably needs new seals.I see them around from $1100.00 -$1350 So I am in the middle.I see where Motorhead had responded to some older threads, I am going to reach out to him and see if he works on them.
Thank you again

Dennis

Respond to this message   

Scott S
(Login Namba963)
YF12

Re: A basic tuned and scoped AZ Rapid use to cost

June 18 2017, 9:58 PM 

Dennis,
Was at a FT match in the bay area today ....
Yes I indeed work with Rapids of UK or USA origins.

Scott S

Respond to this message   
JimC
(Login 22Jim)
YF

Scott tunes all my Theobens

June 20 2017, 10:29 PM 

I have 2 Theoben MFRs and one Mark II that Scott tunes and services for me. He knows these rifles! My Theobens are probably the most accurate rifles I own. Scott just went through what was supposed to be a highly accurate AZ tuned MFR that I just purchased. When I received it the valve was bent, the trigger was a mess and the rifle would not hold air. After I got it back from Scott it shoots lights out.

Jim in Sacramento

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.