<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Rowan Engineering Air Stripper - .177 or .22 which one do I have ?

June 17 2017 at 8:20 PM

Al  (Login aechong)
YF

I recently bought a used but not abused Rowan Engineering Air Stripper which is supposed to be for a .177 caliber rifle or pistol. I dropped a JSB .22 pellet through the stripper and it went straight through easily. I measured the inside diameter of the air tube (barrel side) and it is approximately 5.83mm. The .22 pellet skirt measured 5.72mm.

For sure a .177 (4.5mm) pellet will go through without issues. Basically, I want to know if I can use the air stripper in a .22 (5.5mm) air rifle.

Appreciate responses.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)
BOI

I wouldn't use it for a .22 as there is only a total of approximately .15mm clearance

June 18 2017, 8:51 AM 

around a .22 pellet. Any misalignment would in all likelihood cause clipping. It should be fine for a .177 and may work for a .20.

Respond to this message   

Al
(Login aechong)
YF

Thanks, Andy...

June 18 2017, 6:53 PM 

Precisely the reason why I asked. I bought the stripper under the assumption that it was a .177 caliber and I did not want to damage the cone. Thanks again.

Respond to this message   
Jeff D
(Login jcdx25)
YC

Al, if that's the one I sent you...

June 18 2017, 9:36 AM 

Intention was certainty for use on a .177! I used it on a HW100 that I put a short threaded barrel on.
I took it off in favor of a small ldc.

There's a really good chance that I will be without cell service this coming week but if you want to email rowan engineering, ask about the sizing of the cones and if they will sell just the cone insert if this isn't the right size for .177.

I'll be in touch when I get somewhere that will let me connect.

If I sold you the wrong thing, I'll make it right.

This message has been edited by jcdx25 on Jun 18, 2017 1:06 PM

Respond to this message   

Al
(Login aechong)
YF

All is absolutely good, Jeff..

June 18 2017, 6:50 PM 

Jeff. You said it was for a .177 caliber and it surely fits the bill. I just wanted to test the stripper in a .22 caliber rifle. That is all, but I did not want to damage the cone by trying something stupid. Good advise, I will contact Rowan.

Respond to this message   

Al
(Login aechong)
YF

Rowan Engineering said: It is a .177 caliber

June 19 2017, 6:01 AM 

This is the text answer:

"The inside diameter of our 0.22 stripper cone is 6.7mm. Although a 0.22 pellet will just fit, it is likely to clip due to recoil so is not recommended to use a .177 cone with 0.22 pellet."

They do sell just the cone for other calibers. Thank you ...all.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.