<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

As if This hasn't been asked before.

June 18 2017 at 9:20 AM
MikefromMidland  (Select Login MScottLeeman)
YF12

IF you were relegated to One airgun of those you currently own, which one makes the cut and why? Myself,I can't decide between my .22 D54 and .177 12 ft lb Pro Sport. Also, Happy Father's Day to All!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Really??.........

June 18 2017, 9:41 AM 

This has been asked before here? Surely not. How 'bout every couple weeks. That being said i'd keep my AZ-tuned AA410ClassicFAC. An oldie but REALLY goodie.
"\"\""

This message has been edited by garczar on Jun 18, 2017 10:08 AM

Respond to this message   
Tommy
(Login shambozzie)
YF12

That would be my Ernest tuned Cricket compact .22 . Reasons. .......

June 18 2017, 10:28 AM 

* Cute as hell
* Brain dead accurate.
* Very reliable proven platform.
* jsb 18.1@ 865,jsb 15.9@ 925.
* Backyard/neighborhood friendly
With that being said the FWB 124D is screaming "WHAT ABOUT ME".

Respond to this message   
Jeff D
(Login jcdx25)
YC

Different angle....

June 18 2017, 10:43 AM 

If I were really limited to one, I'd have not only guns to sell, but then it would be silly to keep the compressor and scba tank, and that pellet selection would have to get trimmed, ALL those scopes in the cabinet, oh then the pellcans and a bunch of other stuff as I look around the hobby room.

At this point, I've taken this to far to even keep the hobby if had to be just one. Don't get me wrong, I'd keep the LP2 and make a carbine stock for it wear occasionally (multipurpose, and year round fun). But even then, I'd either get really good with it or let the hobby fad away as I got involved in something else.

It will happen one day, but not this week!

Respond to this message   
Roy
(Login homology)
YC

sub 12 fpe HW77 in .177

June 18 2017, 11:02 AM 

It does everything I do with an airgun 90% of the time-- standing in my back porch and shooting 1" metal spinners at 30-35 yards in my backyard.
Self contained, superbly accurate, and takes me back to my childhood summers when I spent whole afternoons shooting tin cans with a springer.

I will keep my Clearidge 3-9 scope for it, and keep a backup Williams aperture sight. I don't think I will need anything more. Until I bought the HW77 I didn't know something so close to the perfect airgun was ever built. The only improvement I could think of would be if Weihrauch had put their globe front sight on it, but the post sight is quite usable.

Roy

Respond to this message   

C. Jones
(Login limbshaker)
YF12

HW77K

June 18 2017, 11:46 AM 

The do-it-all airgun.

Open sights....scope....whatever. Tune it up for hunting, tune it down for targets. Not too heavy, but heavy enough to shoot very easily.

Positive locking underlever so you can fit a sling for hunting. Use mine for everything.

Can't think of anything you can't do with an HW77K.

If the house was on fire, I'd grab this one and let the rest burn..

HW77K MK2 25mm piston with oring piston seal:
[linked image]?1
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Roy
(Login homology)
YC

Where did you get the front swivel?

June 18 2017, 12:29 PM 

I have been trying to set up my 77 with a sling as well, and I was thinking of side mounting the swivels like old military rifles, but this is a better option. Is there a product number etc for the front band?

Also how did you take off the front sight? You seem to have a dovetail in the front. I looked at my 77 and it seems to have an integrated front sight with the lever lock. Were there different models of front sights for the 77 versus the 77K?

Thanks,
Roy

p.s: Apologies to the original poster for hijacking the thread somewhat.

Respond to this message   
MikefromMidland
(Select Login MScottLeeman)
YF12

No worries! Reading the answers to questions is how I learn. Thanks Man! nt

June 18 2017, 12:43 PM 

Respond to this message   

C. Jones
(Login limbshaker)
YF12

Swivel and sight

June 18 2017, 1:40 PM 

The barrel band swivel is from Uncle Mikes. I believe it is the one for the Marlin 1894? They make a bunch, just get one that will fit .630" at the low range of it's stated fitment range.

The front sight blade is held on by a small grubscrew on the top. Remove that screw and it should slide right off.

And yes, you are left with a dovetail underneath that will accept the standard HW globe sight that comes on the break barrels. I believe even the newest HW77K have this same removable sight and dovetail.

Hope that helps!

Respond to this message   
Roy
(Login homology)
YC

Thanks!

June 18 2017, 2:07 PM 

Ordered those swivels. Thanks to your post found exactly what I wanted.

I will have to check my 77 front sight again, but I think it's really a solid one piece sight! It was certainly built before '90 because it still has West Germany stamped on it. May be they had a solid front sight model back then.

Thanks for the help,
Roy

Respond to this message   

Jeff M
(Login jmars)
AR&P

HW77 front sights....

June 18 2017, 1:53 PM 

Roy, the earliest HW77's have front sights that are not removable.

Respond to this message   
Roy
(Login homology)
YC

You're right..

June 18 2017, 2:21 PM 

Posted just before I saw yours. My 77 must be one of those earliest version. It amazes me that I am shooting an airgun that was built before I was 10 years old, and it's still shooting 1/2" groups at 30 yards and it looks completely unopened to me! And it's been shot a lot in the intervening years because the finish on the chamber-- don't know the precise term for an airgun-- is worn off! The Germans do know how to engineer!!

Roy

Respond to this message   

C. Jones
(Login limbshaker)
YF12

Mk1 and MK2

June 18 2017, 2:26 PM 

I have two MK2 and a MK1 and all have removable front sights.

My MK1 has had some work done "back in the day" though, so maybe mine has been tampered with.

And for some reason I thought yours was a newer one! No idea where I got that, sorry! happy.gif

Respond to this message   

TMurray
(Login bustachip)
YF12

A sweet rifle for sure.....

June 18 2017, 4:29 PM 

and it looks like she's "cocked and locked" for the photo on the log.

TM

Respond to this message   
Donald Lemens
(Login Lemensd)
YF

Vulcan .25 bp NT

June 18 2017, 3:25 PM 

Respond to this message   
Tim in California
(Login TimandDenise)
YF

You didn't stipulaate the reason for only having one airgun so I'm going to say

June 18 2017, 4:53 PM 

that, in a survival scenario, my one keeper would be the Ben Franklin md 137, in .20cal..

My opinion is that it doesn't weight much or take up much space, it is accurate enough for head shooting game birds for food, powerful enough to take rabbits or other fur bearers at moderate range. .

The reliability of these pump up pistols is in the legendary class, it would not need much in the way of parts or tooling to keep it running for a long time, long enough to get to a better place anyways.

That, and my '06, would pretty much cover it, IMHO...

Respond to this message   
Parrish
(Login motercitydog)
YF

Beeman RX-2 tune to the sweet spot. :-) NT

June 19 2017, 7:57 AM 

P J "Springer"

This message has been edited by motercitydog on Jun 20, 2017 12:44 PM

Respond to this message   

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
AR&P

The ones I like vs. the ones I use (LGV vs. 1720T)

June 19 2017, 9:51 AM 

I like spring things and the Walther LGV is the very best of the bunch. It is heavy, but that's probably part of the package that makes it the most dead-on deadly springer I have owned or shot.

But the one that would leave a hole in my daily life, the one that is in my hands nearly every trip out the door, is the Crosman 1720T. It is a very useful gopher removal tool and gets daily sunlight, and is also effective on California ground squirrels within 25 yards. I would hasten to add that this is mainly because my .22 P-rod has a leak that "I have to get to" but both are perfect for the purpose. The carbine form factor makes this platform incredibly handy and portable. The 1720T shoots almost everything well; the P-rod is much fussier but with the right pellet is an even more deadly death ray.

I will add that in a true survival scenario, I might just need too much other stuff to even consider carrying an airgun, unless I want a steady diet of gophers.

Also, if we were talking about true love and mutual attraction, some classic springers (HW50, Diana 27, couple FWBs, and a short list of others) would be difficult or impossible to part with.

Fortunately I have categorically rejected your scenario and will keep nearly all of them.

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

The one I took apart but haven't put back together! All the rest are GTG LOL. nt

June 19 2017, 2:15 PM 

This message has been edited by gratewhitehuntr on Jun 20, 2017 10:14 AM

Respond to this message   
Jim in SWMO
(Login jmhenrichs)
YF

LOL!!

June 19 2017, 8:31 PM 

I love that last sentence, Dave. And I wholeheartedly agree!

But, if I absolutely had to pick one today (today being the operative word) it would have to be my .177 HW50S. Just can't find much that I don't like about it. Nice carbine size, good balance, great trigger, and the new style stock fits me very well. It has great accuracy and with JM's SG2 kit in it, it has a very nice shot cycle. But having said all that, my choice might go to something else tomorrow. happy.gif

"You've come far, pilgrim."-------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"-----"Ah, what trouble?"

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.