<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

son & grandsons have no interest my airguns

July 12 2017 at 8:10 PM
zack  (Login zack49)
YC

sadly none of my heirs are interested in my airguns. I have some primo old crosman CO2 rifles & pistols, my boyhood Benjamin & Sheridan, & my Webley FX. I guess i'll start selling them off.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
tedd
(Login tedd)
YF

I know what you mean...

July 12 2017, 8:32 PM 

I'll have a similar situation eventually.
You could offer them on the Yellow Classifieds, or take them to an airgun show if there's one within range.
Right now though, I'm still looking for a like-new Streak.

Good luck with your sales.

Tedd

Respond to this message   

Jim
(Login RabbitDogs)
YF12

2 Day's Kids

July 12 2017, 8:35 PM 

Unfortunally U R not alone if it does not have a Mouse or Motor on it they don't have any use 4 it
"Today is 1st day--Of the Rest of Your Life"

Respond to this message   

willy
(Login willy1)
YC

Respounce to Tedd,if they caint talk to it?they have no use for it?

July 13 2017, 10:14 AM 

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Hold on, don't sell just yet. Keep trying to spark that interest in 'em.

July 12 2017, 9:09 PM 

Maybe a few eggs set up at distance somewhere, with a little friendly competition to see who can make the most mess would help get them interested?

You have probably already tried a lot to get them interested, in which case maybe you want to keep those airguns just for you.

All we can do is give them a chance to try something & hopefully love it.

That said, would that be a Webley FX, as in a Webley FX 2000?

This message has been edited by Diamondback on Jul 12, 2017 9:12 PM

Respond to this message   

Skillet
(Login Skillet)
YC

Products of different generations...

July 12 2017, 9:34 PM 

Grew up on farms/ranches, myself

The woods and creeks were our playground.

My son's ain't crazy about shooting neither, nevermind we got 30 acres of good deer habitat

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Ok Brother Skillet, I accept your invite to move in. Your boys can stay here.

July 12 2017, 9:47 PM 

I'll even feed the dog, take out the trash, & cut the grass without being told.

Can I get you a cold beer?

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Being out in nature has been a privilege for me. Seems kids today mostly see it as a chore

July 12 2017, 9:52 PM 

Especially growing up, fishing, hunting, fiddling around outside shooting, learning how to build a fire & practicing it, etc were treasured moments for me that I was anxious to re-enjoy every chance I got.

Most kids today just want to play video games.

This message has been edited by Diamondback on Jul 12, 2017 9:53 PM

Respond to this message   
Bob
(Login bpratl)
YF12

That's right!

July 13 2017, 6:38 AM 

My 9 year old grandson was all excited about shooting air guns since he was 6 years,that I purchased some nice ones for him, which he loved it at the time. NOW with all the electronic devices on hand he totally lost interest in air guns so now I go in the backyard and play by myself. Very sad. Bob

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

We bought approx 6cuft of sidewalk chalk yesterday, GO PLAY IN THE STREET!!!

July 13 2017, 7:24 AM 

Got a pretty good deal at approx $7 per cubic ft.
The trick is getting them to forget that they're outside.

I don't forsee a female child ever embracing magnum handguns or rifles though.

Respond to this message   
wahoowad
(Login wahoowad)
YF

Keep trying

July 13 2017, 7:27 AM 

I have no idea what you have tried, but just encourage you to try different approaches.

Maybe you tried shooting paper targets? Try shooting reactive targets, or going squirrel hunting or pesting on a farm.

Maybe you tried with your old guns? Give them their own.

Maybe they might prefer the bigger bang of a powerburner to first get hooked on shooting. Then the appreciation for what we get from airgunning might take hold.

Everybody is different. They might come to like the sport, just different than what motivates you. You have given me a flood of memories though with this post. I don't remember how I came into my first BB gun, but I remember being in the woods every single day with my trusty dog and my best buddy and we had tons of freedom and spent our days exploring and adventuring. We certainly stretched the limits of good sense many times, shot stuff we should not have shot. I probably would not have enjoyed myself if I didn't have that extensive freedom to enjoy and appreciate the bb gun.

Good luck.

Respond to this message   
zack
(Login zack49)
YC

Re: son & grandsons have no interest my airguns

July 13 2017, 8:52 AM 

my 1st real airgun was .22 Benjamin tootsie roll. I gave a royal yo yo & a cub scout knife for it & had to hide it from my parents. you'll shoot your eye out was every parents mantra. I actually did know a kid who had his eye shot out. the Benjamin plant was still in north st louis at that time & when the seals went bad I rode on the bus & took it there for repairs. I was 10 years old & was in awe. i'll hang on to a Sheridan, my FX2000, & a CR160 but will sell off the rest. the one boy who sort of interested won't respect & take care of anything i'd give him anyway.

This message has been edited by zack49 on Jul 13, 2017 9:59 AM

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

Good idea to try different targets, I find paper mind numbing. Try army guys, toy cars

July 13 2017, 10:15 AM 

barbie dolls and of course soda cans.

Go to Goodwill or a rumage sale and buy all the little toys.
We once bought a doll house and were trying to take out all the "snipers in the windows".

Might have had $8 into a whole tote of stuff, just tell the people that you're giving the toys to children with no proper toys, they'll load you down.
This would not be a stretch of the truth if it manages getting a kid off videogames.

Respond to this message   
Ed K
(Login ekmeister1)
YF12

Man, I Coveted the Tootsie Roll Benjamin of a School Mate

July 13 2017, 1:34 PM 

The closest I could get to it was a Crosman pumper (model 760), and they'd changed the stock and forearm to plastic by then. At least the 760 had a rifled barrel in those days IIRC. This was back in the 70's. I think the model 760's bore has been un-rifled steel for several years now.

Sorry to hear of what you're facing as to no interest. I bet there are still a few kids around who would enjoy shooting a real air rifle. As for the rest, as mentioned in this thread, they probably prefer to do their shooting with a game controller hooked to their computer, or the buttons on their Iphone.
Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

Respond to this message   
zack
(Login zack49)
YC

Re: Man, I Coveted the Tootsie Roll Benjamin of a School Mate

July 18 2017, 8:59 AM 

besides that 1 I've had since I was a youngster I have another tootsie roll. it'a like new model 310 smoothbore. it needs seals but is in mint condition.

Respond to this message   
Ed K
(Login ekmeister1)
YF12

Yeah, Rebuild That Thing

July 20 2017, 11:03 AM 

If you can. IMO they're too wonderful to permanently retire unless you have no other choice.
Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.