<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Pertnent info on FX Crown and any gun with externally adjustable regulator

July 14 2017 at 5:54 AM
James Dingle  (Login JamesDingle777)

I'm very glad I read this info on The Crown. I had visions of perfectly adjusting the rifle to any given pellet.

It clearly states: Do not alter regulator while gun is pressurized. Doing so can cause damage to regulator. OK, fine. How many of us would open it, fill it, start playing, shooting over chronograph right away. Many I concur.

I'm ASSUMING any external regulator should not be adjusted while pressurized. I also learned to NEVER bottom one out all the way tight at all as THAT will surely ruin something.

The entire adjustability is phenomenal. Reading this now, I know. Go by the factory settings and buy a Chronograph. A 1/4 turn can be a big enough change for what you're after.

Most all guns have to be depressurized to alter the regulator. If you don't have a reg tester, all you can do is fill it up and shoot it over chronograph to see if you adjusted too much, too little, or just right.

Just a heads up because I know there are tons of us pre buying these. I'll be waiting for reviews and then just bite the bullet and buy a custom lefty stocked version, right sided lever.

I may also still just get a BOSS, or a RAW .357 but either way. Now I know why a regulator testor is so important.

I also need to buy a full metric O-ring kit and a full standard.

Good luck!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

You can adjust the Impact's gegulator

July 14 2017, 7:04 AM 

Without degassing it. What's the difference?

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

I wish I knew. I'll look for link and try to find out with everyones help

July 14 2017, 8:42 AM 

as it would be a bummer if that's the case. I'm wondering about AirMax pistols GEN 2 w/ external reg.

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

Read this notice at bottom, left of price tag. I'd be buying from these Guys

July 14 2017, 8:46 AM 

I'll NEVER use the Desert state place for their disrespect here.

http://www.airgundepot.com/fx-airguns-crown-walnut-pcp-air-rifle.html

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: Read this notice at bottom, left of price tag. I'd be buying from these Guys

July 14 2017, 9:13 AM 

I hear 'ya on the "desert dealer" but you know who does any warranty work, right? Yep, the DD is the importer and warranty repair station.
""

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

That's good to know Bill. Anyone able to explain why

July 17 2017, 10:29 PM 

adjusting while under pressure will ruin it? I hear FX guns are easy to service by owners. If I couldn't do something, Will, John, AZ, so many other guys could. I know it'd void the warranty but I'm looking at keeping the next one I buy forever as a hunter and target shooter.

So far, the Crown is only available from .177 to .30 .30 would work; but I'm interested in .257 or .357 capability also, so, it remains to be seen what PA Game Laws will bring, and FX's barrel liners.

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

I personally have always been treated very fairly ...........

July 14 2017, 7:29 PM 

by the Dealer in the Desert including any warranty work I needed. Been doing business with them and a few other dealers that advertise here for over 10 years.

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

FX seems to been having trouble shipping product

July 14 2017, 6:03 PM 

My friend had an Impact on order since January and cancelled the order just the other day. They don't seem to communicate very well with customers.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.