<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Where can I find an 11mm dovetail mounted rear peep/ghost ring sight ?

July 15 2017 at 8:22 PM
218bee  (Login 218bee)
YF12

Tried EBay, UTG, etc. Don't want to spend $90 on a Skinner, and don't want to change the front sight height (Williams) so does anyone know where to find a thin, low profile, adjustable peep or ghost ring sight that will clamp on an 11mm dovetail? Any info much appreciated.

218bee

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sophie948
(Login Sophie948)
AR&P

I don't know that you'll be able to find one...

July 16 2017, 8:28 PM 

I went on the same fruitless search a couple of years ago. Ended up with a Williams receiver sight, got the version with knurled adjustment knobs. Note that it comes in two versions, one for a high front sight. I went with the one for a lower front sight, but my front sight was still too low.

For front sight used Williams shorty ramp. You then have a few zillion options for the front sight blade. I went with an Ashley partridge front sight. I'm extremely pleased with the end result.

Respond to this message   
donwalk
(Login donwalk)
YC

the Williams FP-AG-TK

July 17 2017, 10:30 AM 

MAY be adjustable to 11mm.

contact Williams sight technician at 800-530-9028. they are very knowledgeable and helpful
never squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Respond to this message   
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)
YF12

Willisms sights are made in two heights

July 18 2017, 12:22 PM 

The FP-AG series (the most commonly seen on airguns, sold as the "Beeman sport aperture" etc.) is actually their high design.

The FP-GR series, designed for 22 rimfires with low grooved receivers (and no barrel droop of course), is their low series. If you need a lower line of sight than the AG, that should fit the bill, but note the base is longer and may overhang the rear of the receiver. Like the AG series, the GR's are available with and without target knobs, the adjustable-width clamp design, etc.

A great trick for a "ghost ring" is to use one of these sights without an eye disk! The disk's mounting hole is a very efficient ghost ring.

Just google up Williams' online catalog for a view of all these.

This message has been edited by MDriskill on Jul 18, 2017 12:25 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.