<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Recycled my 1377

July 15 2017 at 10:34 PM
melloairman  (Login melloairman)
YF12

It had seen a lot of use . The pump cup was worn and the valve was leaking . Bought a 2240 center section had a barrel band already . So I put the top and bottom of the 1377 on the 2240 center section . I now have a 1740 with a 10 inch barrel . Marvin
[img][linked image][/img]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Very cool! So how does it shoot?

July 15 2017, 11:17 PM 

I see all these posts about modding Crosman's, yet I've never really worked on one.

Respond to this message   
melloairman
(Login melloairman)
YF12

Re: Very cool! So how does it shoot?

July 16 2017, 4:08 PM 

It is a good shooter . I have a 1740 with the 7 inch barrel as well as a 2300 and a 1701 . Have not chony this one but with the 7 inch barrel the pistol is averaging 500 fps and the 2300 about 460 fps with 8 grain pellets . I have cart eliminators in them and tether them to a 62 ci tank that is 3k in and 1k out . With the 1740s I get over 500 shots per tank with out going lower than the 1k . The 2300 has a different valve in it and I get a lot more shots per fill . I found that the trigger adjuster in the 2300 is of no value to me . So I have installed mountain air trigger guides and springs in all but the 1701 which has a excellent trigger assembly . Shortened the springs and now have them all set at 2 pounds . They are single stage but dependable with no variance from shot to shot . I use them for shooting spinners . When I need all the accuracy I can get the 1701 with the LW barrel and better trigger group is used . Marvin

Respond to this message   

db
(Login Diamondback)
YC

Nice. You have eliminated the biggest headache for me with my Crosmans

July 17 2017, 4:03 AM 

by using a regulated HPA tank.

As CO2 pressure drops in mine, I've noticed my POI will not only drop, but can shift left / right. My QB's do it too.

I have a tricked out 2250 that needs a tube stock adapter & stock.

I have a 2300 carbine that has a nice Gaska tube stock adapter with power adjuster, but the power adjuster does not effect power because of the valve design / internal limiter. I will be switching this stock adapter setup to my 2250 since it can use the adjuster, & I'll get another RAI or Gaska tube stock setup for this one.

I have a 2240 that has been slicked up a little bit by TKO (I believe he worked the trigger over). The trigger is great.

Which cart eliminators do you use?

This message has been edited by Diamondback on Jul 17, 2017 4:56 AM

Respond to this message   
melloairman
(Login melloairman)
YF12

Re: Nice. You have eliminated the biggest headache for me with my Crosmans

July 17 2017, 3:30 PM 

Do remember that you have to stay at co2 psi rates with these . If you want to go higher mountain air has center section to convert to HPA . I have bought these of e-bay . From Alchemy air werks . Do a e-bay search for crosman powerlet eliminator and he and another seller whom is normally higher priced should come up .Marvin

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.