<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

MTC Viper Pro 5-30 any owners out there?

July 15 2017 at 11:02 PM
Alex  (Login simipcp)
YF

Like would like to hear pros and cons. Mostly hunting

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Allen
(Login AllenF)
YC

Yup

July 16 2017, 2:41 AM 

I recently got one. I have only had the chance to use it a few times. It seems like it is a decent scope, but is pretty large and heavy. I haven't made a custom tape for it or anything. I just leave it on 10x magnification and use the mil hashes for hold-over. So far, so good.

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

No mark for 12x, if that means anything (Hunter FT)...n/t

July 16 2017, 7:37 AM 

[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   
Jeff D
(Login jcdx25)
YC

First scope I ever returned...

July 16 2017, 8:23 AM 

I've had plenty I didn't like but I kept those, they were my fault. This one I returned after talking to the retailer.

The extra features were good and worked for me, although the overall feel was less than I expected from a scope in that price range. The parallax adjustment is what tipped the scale for me. Focusing far to near vs near to far resulted in a dramatically different reading on the sidewheel. Even going the same direction each time didn't get a repeatable result good enough for FT style shooting.

When I spoke to the retailer, they told me they were having a similar experience. I forget if they were testing or they were hearing from other customers or both.

They said they had passed this info back to the manufacturer. This was all very soon after they first became available so maybe things have been addressed. My experience may have also not been typical as I know others have the scope...

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)
BOI

Same thing with 2 Mamba Lites that I had...very imprecise SF adjustments. No Mas! nft

July 16 2017, 8:48 AM 

Respond to this message   
CheckUrSix
(Login CheckUrSix)
YF12

...Andy...I was semi interested in the Mamba Lite...saw your input

July 16 2017, 9:20 PM 

Was interested in the negative aspects...Weight is clearly one of them however I liked the Reticle.

Might you be so kind as let me know what you have found the best scope thus far for you.
Thanks

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)
BOI

Nikko Stirling Nighteater 3-10x42 SF LRX always works for me. Top choice for

July 16 2017, 9:38 PM 

50 yards and beyond is the Burris 4.5-14 E3 or half mil-dot. These are primarily for hunting/all-around usage. The N-S 3-10 can be had for $169 or so, while the Burris 4.5-14s are about $30 more.
The Weaver 6-24 Varminter is tough to beat for more precise shooting. You need to be a "clicker" or know your hold over distances for this type of scope.
Just received one of the new Bushnell Engage 4-12 SF scopes and it appears to be a good one. The 1 MOA reticle is actually quite visible without the stadia being too "thick".

LRX reticle.... 2 MOA @ 10X
[linked image]

This message has been edited by AndyH44 on Jul 17, 2017 3:57 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.