<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

RTI Priest Upgrade....Oh Yeah Baby!

August 5 2017 at 5:27 PM

Andy H.  (Login AndyH44)
BOI

Now this is what I'm talkin' about! Talon Tunes CF bottle is about 10oz lighter with nearly 40% more capacity! The JDS reg is set at 1800psi (124bar) which gives 935fps with JSB Jumbo Heavies. Not much more I need to do to this outstanding shooter!
And yes, there is about .100 clearance between the bottle and shroud.

PriestCF1024

This message has been edited by AndyH44 on Aug 6, 2017 12:51 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mike
(Login 17hornet)
YC

Nice!

August 5 2017, 8:24 PM 

A 10 oz weight reduction is a lot, and worth it...nice job

Respond to this message   
PAQUETE MICHAEL
(Login mikerws)
YF12

Andy , very nice looking AG nft

August 5 2017, 8:48 PM 

Respond to this message   

Rob in NC
(Login rob3dr)
AR&P

Werent you griping earlier...

August 5 2017, 10:46 PM 

about those who modify their guns? hmm.... wink.gif regardless... nice upgrade on the Priest.
Guessing the JDS reg gets rid of the 'Elk call squeal' that the factory reg had. The extra volume seems to be the bigger selling point for me.

I dind the Priest to be very well balanced as is. Do you find the CF tank to hurt the balance at all? Must be a very light rig with that tank. I've considered doing the same, and still might do so.

Looks great, love the mod.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)
BOI

I wouldn't consider changing a bottle a modification to this gun. The RTI reg

August 5 2017, 11:49 PM 

is just like others. Parts are mostly interchangeable. My earlier rant had to do with others wanting to alter the configuration of well engineered airguns without ever seeing one.
The sqeal wasn't consistent or a bother with the factory reg, and occurs occasionally with this setup as well. Much ado about nothing IMHO.
The balance is slightly better, probably due to the extra 4oz HushMod. It really can be a one handed shooter if one works at it.
I highly recommend the Talon Tunes CF bottle for the Priest. RTI will be changing their regs to the M18-1.5mm thread so you will have another option for reg choices. Çontact R&L Airguns and talk with Matt.
Glad you are liking it!

Respond to this message   
Charles
(Login CDH-J)
YF12

Love everything about it.

August 5 2017, 11:43 PM 

You have made the Priest the perfect air rifle in my opinion. The CF tank is a great upgrade. Hope to own one of these in the near future. Thanks for sharing.

Respond to this message   
Noodles
(Login njnoodles)
YF

I Think a 17 CI Raw Aluminum would look nice as well and add a few more shots

August 6 2017, 12:55 AM 

13ci left, 17ci middle, 22ci right

[linked image]

This message has been edited by njnoodles on Aug 6, 2017 12:59 AM

Respond to this message   

Andy H.
(Login AndyH44)
BOI

That is smaller in capacity than the stock factory bottle! nft

August 6 2017, 10:22 AM 

This message has been edited by AndyH44 on Aug 6, 2017 12:48 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.