<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

is there any high quality co2 rifles out there that arent well known

August 6 2017 at 2:33 PM
ed  (Login edwierd)
YF

I recently got rid of my pcp guns because I got bored with them. tired of leaks. I have been considering getting a co2. I like to hunt ground squirrels and will not pass up a 50 yard or even further shot with my current springers. so I am wondering are the guns like hammerli 850 as powerful and as good as you can get in co2 or are there ones I am not thinking of. I will start by saying I had mrods and airforce and am not interested in going those routes again and probably not interested in discovery either. so are there other even better guns than an 850 power and accuracy wise. thanks.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Not really...

August 6 2017, 3:27 PM 

Other than modded co2 rifles of one type or another, aren't a lot of choices.

If I were to pick one, out-of-the-box ready to go and if you can deal with bulk fill: the FDPCP. Know that out the box, tuned for a 1500-900psi fill of air, it does very well with bulk fill co2. The same flow-mods that make it do will with air at about co2 (summer) pressures let it do quite well with co2.

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
YF

some have

August 6 2017, 5:16 PM 

great results with the Umarex fusion , its not great power but shoots in the high 600s , and some people get crazy accurate barrels.Its also probably the quietest co2 gun ever made from the factory. ALSo noteworthy , the loading cap for the cartridges is a pain in the butt.I too have no interest in PCP, got into it 6 yrs ago and lost interest quickly..Personally, I love modded co2 guns, I have my plinkster shooting 17fpe in 25 cal , and it fills my needs.A qb 78 with an after market barrel would also be an option.

Respond to this message   
Brian
(Login BPSmith)
YF12

airforce

August 6 2017, 7:38 PM 

I know you mentioned Air Force but I have had a number of CO2 guns and I think I could say the best one of the bunch was a talon on CO2. FWIW. Brian

Respond to this message   
Jim in PGH
(Login 144man)
YF12

QB

August 6 2017, 8:46 PM 

$100 gets you a very capable rifle. Mods and tricks are pretty much limitless after that. Pretty amazing for what you get for your $.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   

DavidEnoch
(Login DavidEnoch)
YF

Ed, I may have something you would be interested in

August 6 2017, 9:49 PM 

Ed, I have something you might like.
Can you email me?
David Enoch

Respond to this message   

BeachBumPete
(Login Matospeter)
YF12

Perhaps a Co2 tau Brno match rifle?

August 6 2017, 10:34 PM 

They make some very interesting C02 match rifles and they are not terribly expensive. I am not sure what kind of power you can get from them but they are no different I would think to mod than any other co2 rifle. Perhaps an MK200 or MK300?

Pete
Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC machining and prototyping
Port St. Lucie, Florida
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

Respond to this message   
Jon
(Login Jon88)
AR&P

I've gone the Filipino bulk gun route.

August 7 2017, 6:53 AM 

Right now I have 2, a Farco 22 cal and a M.M.B. Sky Hawk that shoots .375 lead balls, shot shells, and has a 22 cal sleeve. A very well made gun. The Filipino guns are light years ahead of contemporary CO2 guns in terms of valve efficiency. The Farco shoots much harder than my Crosman 160, although the fit and finish is crude compared to the 160. With a scope it's an accurate gun. The Sky Hawk will push the lead balls through 2 1 inch pine boards. It's loud as hell and a gas hog, but you'll be the only 1 on the block with one. Another advantage is these guns are meant to be survival tools and can be resealed with a couple of screwdrivers and hardware store o rings.

This message has been edited by Jon88 on Aug 7, 2017 6:55 AM

Respond to this message   
Floyd Long
(Login floydlong)
YF12

I bought a

August 7 2017, 6:14 PM 

Benjamin Maximus in .177 and shoot it on CO2. Getting amazing numbers and accuracy with CPUM in the box. Getting around 60 shots per fill.
Got it at Wally World for $135.00.
I'm happy.

Respond to this message   
LD
(Login lhd)
AR&P

For sure Jon

August 8 2017, 11:36 AM 

Esp the JBC brand co2 guns are about the coolest co2 guns made, bar none. Light, accurate, and powerful. Designed by a master.

Respond to this message   
gubb33ps
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

There were some "match" types, but....

August 7 2017, 6:43 PM 

..they resist any easy attempt at conversion to really powerful co2 rifles by design.

Pretty much designed to give little "blips" of co2 to earn 4-5 foot pounds of energy over a long session of shots. LIght strikers, shot striker movement, small transfer ports, mega-shot count.

But they certainly were accurate.

Respond to this message   
ed
(Login edwierd)
YF

ok thanks for the replies

August 7 2017, 6:48 PM 

i am kind of undecided if this is a route i want to go or not right now but thanks for your input guys. if i do decide to get something i will email you david and see what you have. thanks

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.