<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Original post edited/deleted due to my mistake.

August 6 2017 at 7:50 PM
Ron Robinson  (Login compressive)
YC

Much of my post was based on mis-reading (even with my reading glasses snd on full-screen) the range of the 30 groups. That being the case, the whole post was not only thrown out of context, but completely WRONG.

Sincerest apologies for the post, my misread of the ranges, and consequently, MY BAD! No excuses.

This message has been edited by compressive on Aug 6, 2017 10:21 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gwelo
(Login Gwelo)
YF12

Oops!

August 6 2017, 8:15 PM 

First thing I see when looking at the targets upper right hand corner is "50 Yards" (@ 1:54 into the video). You may have been confused by his statement of "30 targets". He states .50" and UNDER for 150 shots so MOA and under. This is mirrored by Ted Bier's results in his video, he also posts some 100 yard groups. I would link it but believe it's verbotten. A youtube search for FX Crown will bring it up. You might remember Ted as the winner of the Extreme Benchrest last year.

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

I mis-read 50 yards to be 30. My bad. nt

August 6 2017, 10:23 PM 

Respond to this message   
wahoowad
(Login wahoowad)
YF

Uhhh, what's your point with all that crazy long post? You already have a bone to pick

August 6 2017, 8:18 PM 

with the Crown?

Respond to this message   
Gwelo
(Login Gwelo)
YF12

Incorrectamundo! Distance is 50 Yards, not 30!!

August 6 2017, 8:33 PM 

Go to 7:39 of the video for a full screen shot of the target which is plainly marked "50 Yards" in the upper right hand corner.

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

Whatever my points might have been, they're moot now. nt

August 6 2017, 10:25 PM 

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

Crown good or bad?

August 6 2017, 8:40 PM 

I was and am very impressed with the scope of the features on the FX Crown. I could never warm up to the Impact, not because it's a bad rifle, but because it looks like a collection of parts from my father's old barn. FX hit the nail on the head by making a rifle with Impact features. That said, I reserve any impulse to buy one because anytime FX introduces a new product under hurried conditions of consumer demand, they are rife with bugs. For me, I will wait until all the review are in and the bugs are fixed with the next or even the one after that shipment.

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

Whatever you do, don't let my post influence your decision. I was mistaken. nt

August 6 2017, 10:27 PM 

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

I forgive you, Ron

August 8 2017, 9:44 AM 

I make those misteaks (sic) too.

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

Please re-read my original post, now edited. nt

August 6 2017, 10:22 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.