<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CO2 replica pistol

August 7 2017 at 7:46 AM
mark in mass  (Login mark6869)
YF

I have a friend ex state police looking for a pistol to keep his skills up.i`m a pcp benchrest guy and know next to nothing about these pistols.Its got to be pellet not bb.I don`t understand what makes a $200 vs $100 gun.He carried a Sig Sauer and wants to stay close to that style.Suggestions much appreciated Thanks,mark Ps does Pyramid still accept the nra discount code?could some one explain the "blowback" function
mark in mass

This message has been edited by mark6869 on Aug 7, 2017 8:19 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jack in MA
(Login boomerdude)
YC

Re: CO2 replica pistol

August 7 2017, 11:57 AM 

Pyramyd has plenty of Sig-Sauer's to choose from. For around $100. They took my NRA code on my last order two weeks ago. Blow back is just the slide pulling back to load the next pellet in the magazine. The real deal ejects the spent cartridge before loading the next. The pellet pistol has no cartridge to eject so it's just for auto loading the pellet. these pistols are full metal replicas and while I don't own a Sig I do have several Beretas', a 1911, Schoefield #3 and a PPK. The most important thing to remember when outdoor shooting is that a police officer can't tell it's a pellet gun. They really do look like their real counterparts.

Respond to this message   
doug phillips
(Login jdphill)
YF

"Real or Replica?"----Quick---- A Test-----

August 7 2017, 1:49 PM 

You have 3 seconds or less to determine which is the real gun and which is the "TOY" Gun.

[img][linked image][/img]

Did you live to tell the tale? I assure you that the item on the right hand side is in fact a Taurus PT-92, 18 shot 9mm.
"The Quick and the Dead" (anom.)
doug,P.
History IS the Preview of the Future, don't forget Any!
http://www.DamagedWoodStocks.Info
doug,P.

Respond to this message   
hfenn
(Login hfenn)
YC

Left one CO2 replica

August 8 2017, 8:34 AM 

You can see the cart piercing screw on the bottom of the grip.

Respond to this message   
doug phillips
(Login jdphill)
YF

Yes But Did You See it Under 3 Seconds ?--------

August 8 2017, 1:51 PM 

That is the Test. Reaction Time to tell the difference.
"The Quick and the Dead"
History IS the Preview of the Future, don't forget Any!
http://www.DamagedWoodStocks.Info
doug,P.

Respond to this message   

KW
(Login CuomoSux)
YF12

The KJW Sig P229 should do the trick.

August 7 2017, 1:31 PM 

That particular model uses "green gas". You can substitute propane easily if he purchases the little oiler tip filler combination https://www.amazon.com/Airsoft-Innovations-GunGas-propane-Adaptor/dp/B005WK4D9W)

KJW does some of the best replicas at affordable prices. It is a Chinese company. The Japanese do very high end replicas...but will cost hundred more.

That KJW model shoots steel BBs. I prefer 6mm plastic BBs as ricochets are less of a problem.

That model can be purchased from RedWolf Airsoft in China. Cost is about $117 to your door. Be sure to get extra magazines and you will want a speed loader if they make one cuz loading up 26 BBS by hand is hard.

Respond to this message   
Doug Wall
(Login DougWall)
YF

That's for AIRSOFT, not pellets or BBs! nt

August 7 2017, 3:18 PM 

Respond to this message   
Doug Wall
(Login DougWall)
YF

Check the reviews on HardAirMagazine.com

August 7 2017, 3:30 PM 

I've been doing the pistol reviews for them, and there are lot's of very realistic replica pistols out there. I wouldn't let the BB vs. pellet issue stand in the way. With a proper trap (like a box stuffed with plastic bags) BB's are not a problem. They are certainly way less expensive, and for these short ranges, accuracy is not a big issue. For staying "tuned up" for firearms, blowback action makes the shooting experience more realistic.

Here's a SIG-SAUER that was done recently:
http://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/sig-sauer-p320-asp-co2-pistol-test-review/

Respond to this message   
Gordon Buck
(Login gordonsbuck)
YF12

Get an airsoft replica

August 8 2017, 8:58 AM 

The BB and pellet replicas are actually not very powerful. Be sure to consider an airsoft replica. In particular, your friend will find that KWA replicas are very much like the real thing and, in fact, are advertised as training pistols. In comparison the Sig P320 replica is not fully functional and much like a toy.

I made a video of my KWA Sig P226 replica, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdjO72pfunA&t=6s

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.