<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

T06 adjustment

August 8 2017 at 10:13 PM
josh3rd  (Login josh3rd)
YF12

Members, I have a RWS 54 .22cal w/a T06 trigger. It was tuned by an excellent Airgun Smith whom made me very happy with both him and the performance of the rifle. All that will come in another post possibly tonight or tomorrow. Ok back to the matter at hand. The tuner did an excellent job on adjusting the trigger 14oz to be exact. But I would like to know if the length of the 1st stage can be shortened and if it can be shortened, how do I do so? For an exaggerated example lets say that the 1st stage's length of pull is a inch. That is from where the trigger blade sits until it hits the "bump" of the 2nd stage. The reason why I want to do this is because my arm and hands aren't the largest. I know that I can cut the stock butt to my length of pull but it still can't make up for my fingers being short.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
michael wolfram
(Login marflow)
YF

just something i found looking for the answer, also you

August 9 2017, 12:44 AM 

http://www.airguntech.com/?p=304

can epoxy small ball bears on the grub screws for the best contact smoothness
the trick on the ball bear gluing is use a magnet to stand the screw up and hold it
and these grub screws would have that cup on the end

not much help but some ideas
mike

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Excellent. Will give it a try.nt

August 9 2017, 8:00 AM 

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

One thing i think of is

August 9 2017, 8:05 AM 

that it's not my prosport. I mean I know that it's not my prosport but it's *** like wearing a certain pair of clothes that fit just right or working with tool that fits you just right or Leslie like driving a car that you have been driving for a while and then getting into a truck or another car for that matter. It is just the point of getting use to another thing. That is one problem I had since I couldn't remember and that problem is not leaving well enough alone and or if it's not broke don't fix it because the rifle shoots like a dream and I have yet to even put a scope on it. The tuner did an amazing job the rifle which is an rws54 in 22 cal this putting out 21 to 22 foot pounds of energy and even though it has the airtime recoil sled or whatever you want to label it as you still don't hear barely anything except for the noise of the pellet exiting but as in the vibration and all that and that so-called Twang and stuff even though that recoil sleds take that away from the shooter if you just leave it in a gun vise and still pull the trigger in a safe Direction with a safe backstop you don't feel too much from her. But as I've mentioned earlier I just have to get used to it it's like driving a new car. But I know me and I will probably still try this shortened the length of the first stage pull. LOL!

Respond to this message   
michael wolfram
(Login marflow)
YF

it's called tinkering and we all do it, the how is the problem

August 9 2017, 3:21 PM 

the why is not important
to improve or fit are needs better is a on going theme here
I have been making longer trigger screws for a long time, on this and that

good luck and take care
mike

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Guess what the final outcome was?

August 10 2017, 6:20 PM 

What I'm about to admit is both amusing and pitiful, lol. After all my post, questions, emails, phone calls and personal messages about my RWS 54 T06 trigger adjustments, guess what I finally settled on??? John in PA's original fix/adjustment. hey!, lol

Respond to this message   

FANGLOBOWHITEFANG­čÄ»
(Login LOBOWHITEFANG)
YF12

Re: Guess what the final outcome was?

August 11 2017, 10:47 PM 

John can make that trigger lighter. Main thing is making a safe trigger. Many people do not like or can shoot a super light trigger.

My sets are light, but I am use to light trigger PCP guns as well.

John does great work.
FANG
JUNKYARD AIRGUN'S

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.