<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FX Streamline ( .22 )

September 7 2017 at 5:53 PM
Paul  (Login paulaus511)
YFOT

Anyone have one , and any thoughts pros, cons ??

Thanks.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: FX Streamline ( .22 )

September 7 2017, 6:06 PM 

Don't own but have shot one. Great trigger, accurate and regulated. Mags are expensive as hell but overall it looks like a lot of gun for the $$.
""

Respond to this message   
Paul
(Login paulaus511)
YFOT

Thanks.

September 7 2017, 6:27 PM 

Yeah , that's what I was thinking. Light weight too !

Respond to this message   

Randy Stratman
(Login randy_68)
YC

My friend has one he loves it

September 7 2017, 8:55 PM 

It's lightweight, deadly accurate, very quiet with the add on moderator. If he sees this thread he may chime in.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login pluric)
YF12

Streamline

September 8 2017, 12:01 AM 

Respond to this message   
Erik
(Login hegshen)
YF12

I had 2...

September 8 2017, 12:07 AM 

I loved the design and action of the gun but was underwhelmed overall. The first gun did get 60 full powered shots before falling off the reg but the second one did not. The smooth twist barrels are designed for the JSB pellets at full power. When shooting the gun at medium and low power and the accuracy fells off significantly. So much so that it made the power adjustability useless in my mind. I did really like the weight and overall feel but couldn't justify the pickiness of the ST barrel. Probably why the crown is coming out with different twist rates to tune to a specific pellet.
I have and fx cyclone with the old LW barrel and prefer it.
Would seriously consider the umarex gauntlet for the shot count and accuracy. Shaping up to be a Best Buy.

Just my 2 cents,
Erik

Respond to this message   
PAQUETE MICHAEL
(Login mikerws)
YF12

I was going to get one but....

September 8 2017, 6:31 AM 

changed my mind because of the barrel not liking a wide range of pellets and the length of the gun will really grow with moderator ....let's say 45 inches:(

Respond to this message   

Steve LaPlace
(Login sjl6628)
YC

FX Streamline Impressions

September 8 2017, 8:50 AM 

I have one in .25 caliber and I'm a lefty too. I've resisted buying FX rifles in the past because I always felt they were leak prone and overly complicated designs to self service. The Streamline in the laminated stock appealed to me as offering excellent bang for the buck. Mine is laser accurate and I've had no problems with it. It's extremely light weight and full featured. The only two things I'd change is the fact that the magazines are more of a PITA to load than they could be. I don't like having to load the first pellet from the front under tension inserted skirt first. The magazines are made of plastic and are similar in quality to Marauder magazines. Spare magazines should sell for 1/3 the price given the flimsy plastic design. It takes twice as long to load an FX magazine compared to a Daystate magazine in comparison. The only other minor concern for me is that the barrel shroud and air cylinder are not polished to as high a standard as they should be before being anodized. Daystates, Air Arms, BSA, and other higher end brands do a better job of finishing their metalwork to a higher degree. You can see spiral swirlmarks in the barrel and air tube if you look at them in sunlight. It detracts from the looks of an otherwise excellent air rifle. Get one and you'll like it.

Respond to this message   
John
(Login JOHNSAIRMADNESS)
YC

I have one in .22 -

September 8 2017, 3:38 PM 

Nice rifle for the money. Pros- Light weight, Regged, Very nice trigger with a very clean break, extremely quiet with 4 piece ldc added(it's as quiet as a Mrod .177), Likes JSB pellets, low magazines for lower scope mount, side lever, nice soft touch stock, adjustable power.
Cons- Very hard to adjust HST due to the cheap hex cap, I decided to just let mine alone. Videos will show how to remove it and replace.

Mine is shooting 16gr. JSB at 860fps and is very accurate. 3/16" groups at 40yds all day.

My Dad had one in .25cal. and sent it back. Didn't like it.

Respond to this message   
Paul
(Login paulaus511)
YFOT

Thanks guy's ! Any single shot tray option ?

September 8 2017, 4:39 PM 

I didn't see one listed.

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: Thanks guy's ! Any single shot tray option ?

September 8 2017, 8:01 PM 

None so far. Someone will probably be selling a 3D-printed one soon.
""

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login pluric)
YF12

Single load option

September 12 2017, 6:42 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.