<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Help needed regarding carrying airguns from Seattle to NY

September 9 2017 at 8:52 AM
Umair Bhaur   (Login mubhaur)
YF12

In fact one of my friends has to pick two airguns from Seattle and then along with guns he has to fly to NY. Later after some days he has to bring these pcp airguns out of US.

He has to fly from NY while leaving US.

Since we don't know the laws and regulations of various states of US, I request the forum members who could advice us in this respect.

Will there be any issues for flying with pcps from Seattle to NY?

Will there be any issues for flying from NY to some other country while keeping airguns in checked in baggage in dismantled state?

Thanks dears

I wait for helpful input.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: Help needed regarding carrying airguns from Seattle to NY

September 9 2017, 9:09 AM 

Wow. Two of the most non-gunfriendly states on the same trip. Good luck. I'm sure you'll get some good tips on this forum.
""

Respond to this message   
crazyhorse
(Login icufuzz)
YC

Re: Help needed regarding carrying airguns from Seattle to NY

September 9 2017, 1:09 PM 

Call the airline...they will answer all your questions...

Respond to this message   
Jeff D
(Login jcdx25)
YC

Look into shipping them directly to the ultimate destinstion.

September 9 2017, 1:55 PM 

Might actually be easier and cheaper.

Respond to this message   
bReTt
(Login CBPeter)
YC

I would contact the airlines and find out from them what is needed or allowed

September 9 2017, 9:40 PM 

I like the idea of shipping them rather than personally transporting them on the airways. That's just me. Seems like less of a headache waiting to happen.
Brett

Respond to this message   
Frankopee
(Login Frankopee)
YF12

Staying in NYC makes it confusing and possibly illegal

September 10 2017, 1:40 AM 

Airguns are illegal in NYC but if the guns remain in locked cases within the baggage system they can transfer onto other flights. However I doubt the airlines will extend the courtesy of holding your guns any longer than necessary and even if they did, you would risking theft from baggage handling employees. Also each airline will have slightly different rules and definitions.

You may have to consult multiple experts and if you do get an official ruling be sure to get it in writing to show everyone else who will harass you.... I bet you are far better off shipping them separately.

Respond to this message   
Umair Bhaur
(Login mubhaur)
YF12

Virginia Airgun Laws

September 10 2017, 3:46 AM 

My friend will be staying in new Jersey. We are thinking to ship them to Virginia if the laws are friendly there and from there we can collect them and go back to new Jersey via road. Please note that the airgun will be totally disassembled in parts. From there he will catch his flight from JFK airport.

Respond to this message   
mike
(Login lagger00)
YF12

beware NJ gun laws

September 10 2017, 12:59 PM 

airguns are classified as firearms in NJ and are regulated as such. NJ is actually far more gun intolerant , including air guns than NY (NYC excluded)

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.