<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mrodair Airmax MKll

September 10 2017 at 3:12 PM
Earl  (Login daystate395)
YF12

Can anybody tell me how to get the regulator out of the Airmax MKll pistol. I think Huma is making one for this pistol, so I need to find out how to remove move the one that's in it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Alex in Upstate NY
(Login awilde)
YF12

It's in the assembly behind the reservoir

September 10 2017, 3:44 PM 

Looking at the exploded view diagram below you'd need to remove the reservoir to get to parts 21-27 to disassemble the regulator and access those Belleville spring washers and plug from the rear of the assembly (ie where you adjust it with the allen wrench normally via the external access). Will be interesting to see what they do for the regulator, maybe replacing the 21-31 assembly all together or something.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Earl
(Login daystate395)
YF12

Different

September 10 2017, 7:21 PM 

My model is a little different than the image your showing. Part 26 on my pistol doesn't have the 4 screws that mounts it to the block. How do I remove it?

Respond to this message   
Alex in Upstate NY
(Login awilde)
YF12

The diagram is from the mk1, but still extremely close

September 10 2017, 11:28 PM 

And I can tell you right now as a fellow mk2 .22 owner that it most definitely does have the 4 screws holding it into the receiver. It may be that the end piece of the reservoir is still attached on it (part 38), which unscrews from it. If you're still having some trouble with it I can probably take a few pictures tomorrow showing the disassembly, just need to figure out a different image host since PB became a royal PIA.

Edit: there's also this cad rendering of the regulator setup for those parts on the mk2 page over at mrodair

[linked image]

This message has been edited by awilde on Sep 10, 2017 11:46 PM

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

Hey. This is a $220 gun

September 10 2017, 8:42 PM 

It's regulated, has good shot count, good power, and great accuracy. We shoot golf balls at 55 yards all day long. True, you can't make the trigger like a Steyr, but it's pretty decent. I think this is a helluva good pistol for the money.

Respond to this message   
k
(Login knervie)
YC

Golf balls

September 11 2017, 1:03 PM 

CAREFUL shooting golfballs they "SHOOT BACK "

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

Not at 55 yards-nt

September 11 2017, 3:46 PM 

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

This makes little sense...

September 10 2017, 3:54 PM 

replace a functional regulator with a Huma Regulator ($130+S&H)... in a pistol (with other issues) barely worth $150 used?
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Sep 10, 2017 9:37 PM

Respond to this message   
H.E. Potter
(Login Hepotter)
YF12

What "other issues..."?

September 10 2017, 6:25 PM 

My AirMax is shooting fine, holding air, accurate, and packs a punch.

I'm curious to know if there are really any issues to be addressed. Mine works fine! It's a neat, low cost, powerful little pistol.
Hepotter

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Re: What "other issues..."?

September 10 2017, 8:00 PM 

I have the MKI version of this pistol. Out of the box, it has a couple glaring design problems (in addition to the erratic regulator):

1) A hard, difficult to adjust trigger, a well-known issue. After stoning the parts, the only thing that made it more predictable was generous use of lube, which needs periodic reapplication. There is little adjustment range, regardless.

2) A rotating barrel, completely unattached to the breech block. Without adding index marks for reassembly, this non-indexed barrel will take a different set -- and shoot to a different POI -- whenever the shroud becomes loose, either with vibration, or following a shroud cleaning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvwZClbLE_0 You will find yourself drilling and tapping set screw holes in the breech to fix the barrel permanently, but then it's resale value plummets.

3) It is well known that the cheap, Chinese o-rings are worthless, and will need replacement.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   
Earl
(Login daystate395)
YF12

Improving guns is fun for me >>ModEdited per RULE#13<<

September 11 2017, 3:30 AM 

All those things you said are true, but my particular pistol is very accurate and I have the trigger set to a light pull. These pistols are very well built for accuracy. The orings may be cheap, but they can be replaced. Iv'e put over a thousand rounds through mine and haven't had any problems. Wanting to add a huma regulator to my pistol is me tinkering. I think it would get better shot count and less change in velocity. I don't consider a couple of hundred dollars, for a very accurate air pisol much money. Adding a little more for a huma regulator isn't going to break my bank. I guess i'm saying adding attachments to my guns is just fun for me.

>>Disallowed text removed per RULE#13.<

This message has been edited by ClassMod on Sep 11, 2017 9:50 AM

Respond to this message   
h
(Login Hepotter)
YF12

Ditto...that's why it's called a "Hobby"

September 11 2017, 8:26 AM 

Hepotter

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

The term "airgunner" is synonymous with "mechanic"

September 11 2017, 8:44 AM 

My PP700 is set up for Field Target. As such it has an appropriate -- far more accurate -- 15" replacement barrel, solving the barrel fitment problem. It has a UTG 3-12x 44mm scope and rings, and a 3D printed foregrip added, not to mention tons of time tuning the pistol to 11.5fpe, and making something usable of its trigger. So, I agree, it's not about the money but the fun.

That said, I'm curious to see what benefit Huma can actually achieve... If it's simply a set of retrofit parts to replace the sloppy fitting parts in the factory reg, then fine. I've thought of doing that myself (a lathe project). But that is not Huma's MO in the past. If their idea is to install a tube type regulator within the airtube, then I think that will be a real challenge.

Why? Because, IIRC the air tube is just 45cc as stock, and an internal cylinder-type regulator will occupy at least 25%-33% of that volume, providing very little capacity to regulate. I can't see shot count increasing with that little volume, no matter how efficient.

But we'll see...
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Sep 11, 2017 8:46 AM

Respond to this message   
Earl
(Login daystate395)
YF12

Huma

September 11 2017, 9:39 AM 

It is a tube type regulator. When tested (youtube) it kept the velocity within 4FPS. I don't think the decrease in shots per fill was very much. I would think the slight velocity spread would increase the accuracy.

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

Bob, drop me a line

September 11 2017, 3:37 PM 

dhouse at montana.edu

Respond to this message   
Frank Zuccarini
(Login Frank_Zuccarini)
YF

Please let us know...........

September 11 2017, 8:47 AM 

............. if and when such a regualator becomes available. I would certainly be very interesting in trying one our myself.

Frank

Respond to this message   
Earl
(Login daystate395)
YF12

Huma

September 11 2017, 9:40 AM 

It is available now. Go to Huma website and check it out. https://www.huma-air.com/Artemis-PP700-tuning-pressure-regulator

This message has been edited by daystate395 on Sep 11, 2017 9:48 AM

Respond to this message   
Frank Zuccarini
(Login Frank_Zuccarini)
YF

Thanks...........

September 11 2017, 5:57 PM 

I appreciate it.

Frank

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Compared with most Humas, that one looks rather compact...n/t

September 11 2017, 8:58 PM 

[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   
BillE.
(Login garczar)
YF12

Re: This makes little sense...

September 12 2017, 10:12 AM 

I get the hobby/tinkerer deal but to me this is kinda like hotrodding a Yugo. Yes, it can be done but you're going to own it for life. If you ever go to sell it you will take a major hit $$-wise.
""

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.