<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Rws sidecocking owners

September 10 2017 at 8:26 PM
Josh3rd  (Login josh3rd)
YF12

The cocking arm ( the big lever) which is connected to the lever (that adjusts at the bottom, that pulls/cocks the compression tube, is connected to each other by a pin and a c/clip correct? I believe that they're part numbers 63 and 64. Well my question is that pin that connects the two, does it go from one side of the big cocking arm into the small cocking lever to the outside the big cocking arm and then attach to a c clip? Because when I look at it, I only see the pin and it doesn't go all the way through not is there any c clip. I hope that makes sense. Or can you take a pic of that area (both sides) and email it to me to see how it compares to mine. Greatly appreciate it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
rstanis
(Login rstanis)
YF12

Re: Rws sidecocking owners

September 10 2017, 9:15 PM 

It does go all the way thru and has a c clip holding it in place...

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Ok. Is it easy or a task

September 10 2017, 9:59 PM 

To take it out to see if it's sheared off then put it back? Also how should the small cocking lever be adjusted?

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Pic of how it should be

September 10 2017, 9:57 PM 

My pin is no where to be found on the other side not is the clip. Will it be damaged if I continue to shoot and keep cocking it until I get a replacement from Diana to whom I already wrote and asked for a replacement part.

This message has been edited by ClassMod on Sep 11, 2017 9:45 AM

Respond to this message   

ClassMod
(Login ClassMod)
CL

>Please post pics in accordance with Sticky at top of this page.<

September 11 2017, 9:45 AM 

Respond to this message   
Quinton Lewis
(Login Domer_Pyle)
YF

You definitely shouldn't keep shooting if one of your pins is sheared off

September 11 2017, 11:56 AM 

If you don't see the C clip on the other side then it's broken. Pins and clips are cheap, don't mess up a $400+ springer over something that will cost you less than a few dollars to fix.

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

True that brother.nt

September 11 2017, 6:15 PM 

Respond to this message   
Ed Krzynowek
(Login ekmeister1)
YF12

It's An Easy and Common Mistake

September 13 2017, 11:23 AM 

To think you've pushed that pin all the way through the arm and the lever when you haven't really done so, and in that case the C-clip doesn't have a place to fit. Well, actually it DOESN'T have a place to fit if the pin isn't pushed all the way through the lever. It's easy for the clip slot in the pin to catch on the lip of the hole in the bottom of the lever without your realizing that's what happened.

The simple solution if that's your problem is to use some 'wiggle and jiggle' action on the lever while simultaneously pushing down against the pin. Use a little muscle while you're doing that, although it shouldn't take too much. In any case, most of the time what you'll find is the same thing that I found--the pin is fine and just wasn't seated 100% of the way through. Do what I described and you'll likely find the pin drops nicely in place, as it happened to me on many occasions while tuning other people's rifles.

Oh, yeah, another thing that can make it fairly impossible to get the pin all of the way through: If you tightened that silver hex nut on the lever such that the lever doesn't sit perfectly square inside the cocking arm, the 'off-angle' that's created pushes the clip end of the pin away from the hole in the cocking arm, and the pin won't go all the way through the cocking arm. The size of the hole in the cocking lever is VERY close to the OD of the pin, so if you don't have them aligned perfectly the pin won't go all the way through. What do you do to see if that's the problem? Loosen the nut, turn the rod a tiny bit, and try again. Once the pin drops through, re-tighten the hex nut with the lever in that position. If you prefer, however, you can use a pin punch to align the parts pretty closely before you even try inserting the pin.

I never saw even one single case here where the end of the pin had actually been sheered off, but I had a bunch of cases where the pin wouldn't go through both parts until I fiddled around with all three pieces as described above. I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm just saying that I never saw it here.

There's something else you don't seem to mention here: Did you simply try pulling the pin back out and looking to see if the C-clip slot is still there on the end of the pin? If the slot is there, you obviously didn't have the pin pushed all the way through. Try the above tips and, voila, it should go--success!

Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

This message has been edited by ekmeister1 on Sep 13, 2017 8:05 PM

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Ed i tried to post a pic

September 13 2017, 9:56 PM 

But the pin broke. I only have the upper half of the pin. Waiting on Umarex to send one. I wish I new how it happened just in case so as to not repeat it.

Respond to this message   
Ed Krzynowek
(Login ekmeister1)
YF12

Oh, Wow, Very Strange

September 13 2017, 11:03 PM 

That's what I call a real oddity AND a bummer!

Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

This message has been edited by ekmeister1 on Sep 13, 2017 11:05 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.