<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Broken cocking lever rod RWS 48

September 13 2017 at 7:31 AM
Karl  (Login KarlH60)
YF12

I need to order one of these as mine broke through the threads yesterday afternoon.

I bought this rifle in 1989 or 1990 when I first got into field target. I believe it to be a T01, but see no markings on the gun.

Can anyone please confirm what I have and also, where to look for a cocking arm rod?

Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nathan
(Login hnt5)
AR&P

Like this one

September 13 2017, 7:53 AM 

Respond to this message   

Frank in Fairfield
(Login MRodDude)
YF12

RWS48 Data

September 13 2017, 9:10 AM 

Right behind the rear sight.
Should have date and T01.

Respond to this message   
Ed Krzynowek
(Login ekmeister1)
YF12

There's the Official Part in That Other Post

September 13 2017, 11:30 AM 

I used to buy 5mm .8 stainless steel all-thread rod from a metric supplier here and make my own cocking rods. Yes, you could kind of squeak by with 10-32 rod instead, but it's not a PERFECT fit (10-32 is just a wee bit loose in a 5mm .8 nut).

But, in my case, I didn't want to take any chances so I bought the metric rod at a store in Houston that specializes in metric fasteners. The stainless steel gave me more confidence that the rod wouldn't break too easily. FWIW, McMaster Carr also probably sells the stuff, as they have a wide selection of metric parts and fasteners in many materials.

Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

Respond to this message   
michael wolfram
(Login marflow)
YF

part no. 27-303636 $10.70 5 years ago from Umarex--if your rifle has

September 13 2017, 3:31 PM 

metal pig tail safety it is a TO1
mike

Respond to this message   
Karl
(Login KarlH60)
YF12

RWS 48 cocking lever rod

September 13 2017, 7:13 PM 

Thanks all for the help. I ordered two rods today from P.A. No markings on the gun, but it does have the metal safety, so it is a T01.

The rifle still shoots as well as it did when it was new and with the original spring and seals.

Thanks again.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.