<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Anyone modify the length of the primos gen 2 bipod sticks?

October 8 2017 at 5:44 PM
Josh3rd  (Login josh3rd)
YF12

I have a gen2 primos bipod and when deployed for HFT, they are too wide and slide on the terrain because of the wide stance.

I am wondering if anyone has tried successfully to shorten the length to primos gen 1 short bipod sticks...

Thank you

This message has been edited by josh3rd on Oct 8, 2017 5:45 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Measurements

October 9 2017, 8:48 AM 

Collapsed it measures 40 or 42 inches from floor to bottom of the vee yolk. Fully extended it measures 65 inches from floor to bottom of the vee yolk

Respond to this message   
Don Armstrong
(Login doninva1)
YF12

To late now but if you buy the short one, it is easy to

October 9 2017, 9:48 AM 

add some 3/4" PVC pipe and some rubber chair protectors. I think it was Scott (motorhead) that came up with this. I have one made up for hunter class FT and it works great. Don

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Darn Tom, the shorties were expensive. Nt

October 9 2017, 8:46 PM 

Respond to this message   
LD
(Login lhd)
AR&P

spend less

October 10 2017, 11:25 PM 

Get less

Respond to this message   

Frank in Fairfield
(Login MRodDude)
YF12

Gen 2 PRIMOS

October 9 2017, 9:58 AM 

There is a post (on the GTA I think) where you can clamp a collar on the very top of your legs so they do not splay out when in use. The Gen I had the stop built into them and that is why they are considered the best.

I have a set of Gen 2 (I use my Gen I (I bought the last two sets available anywhere.)) that are just about the right height but the legs splay out.

When I started in FT I made a set of sticks and they work find.

When I bought the Gen II (extra Cabela's points) I adjusted the legs to match the height of the Gen II to the same as the legs I made.

Then I connected the legs with a length of chain (hose clamps) so the legs could not splay outwards.

I have complained to PRIMOS about the Gen II (I do not think the Gen III corrected this problem) and suggested they make a short run of Gen I sticks and advertise them on the airgun forums.

They will sell out immediately, IMHO

Respond to this message   
Don Armstrong
(Login doninva1)
YF12

+1 on the gen one. great sticks.NT

October 9 2017, 10:09 AM 

Respond to this message   
Josh3rd
(Login josh3rd)
YF12

Even if i tie them

October 9 2017, 8:48 PM 

They still seem too wide and unstable.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.